Why is the car hot?
Probably, every motorist has a moment in practice, when he asks himself or the master of the SRT this question: why does the car get warm? An overheated engine is a big problem for the car and your wallet. So, the most famous cases when the car is heated:
- Thermostat malfunction. The sticking of the valve assembly leads to the fact that the coolant "chases" in a small circle of circulation, without having time to cool the engine.
- Insufficient fluid in the cooling system (water, antifreeze, antifreeze). Perhaps due to defects in the pipes, cracks in the radiator, destruction of pump parts.
- Low efficiency of air cooling radiator. Causes: a clogged radiator, poor functionality of the fan drive, a malfunction of the sensor of the electric drive of the fan.
- Long engine operation under abnormal conditions. These are downtime in traffic jams, protracted rises of a laden car at low speeds. In this case, the fan’s own power is not enough, and the air flow is absent, as a result of which cooling does not occur, and this is why the machine heats up.
- Incorrect adjustment of the ignition and injection system - the end of the combustion of the fuel is displaced by the time the exhaust gases are released. There is a significant increase in exhaust gas temperature, and the engine receives half the heat from the exhaust system.
- It should be noted the case when the engine is heated. This is the work on the rolling mode after the overhaul (about 2-4 thousand km. Of run). Here it is necessary to closely monitor the sensors and not to overload the engine more than the running-in rate.
Summing up, remember, a car is a complicated mechanism. And mechanisms like maintenance and constant monitoring, so if the car is warming, do not disregard it. In time, identify the cause and eliminate it.