Where to find IP?
Every confident PC user should know where to find the ip-address of his computer. In this article we will look at some simple ways to do this. And in more detail about what this abbreviation means, you can find out in the article of our site - What is IP.
Finding IP using standard windows tools
In order to find out your IP address, you need to perform a number of simple steps on your computer:
- Push the start button.
- Select "Run", a new window appears in front of you.
- In the new window, enter the cmd command and click OK.
- In the appeared black window we print ipconfig or winipcfg (for Windows 90s).
- Press the Enter key.
As a result, you will see three similar sets of numbers. The first one will be your ip-address. The second set is the subnet mask, and the third is the gateway IP address.
We learn IP using thematic Internet sites
Another rather simple way to find the IP address that was assigned to you by the provider is to use the help of special sites. An example of such a site would be:.
- To view the IP address in this way, you first need to connect to the Internet.
- If the Internet is connected, then you simply enter the name of the site in the address bar.
- As soon as the site loads, you will immediately see the number of your ip.