What is the smallest country?
February 8, 2013
There are so many different countries in the world, but do you know what is the smallest country in the world?
- In the ranking of the smallest countries, the Vatican is in the forefront. This city-state occupies only 44 hectares, and most of the territory is set aside for the Vatican gardens. However, the Vatican is famous for the most beautiful buildings in the world.
- The second smallest country is Monaco. Now the territory of the country has increased to 2, 02 square. kilometers due to the fact that the sea was partially dried and freed up the area of the state. Despite such a small territory, the country has more than 30, 000 inhabitants.
- The third in the list is Nauru (an area of 21.3 square kilometers), which is located in the south of the Pacific Ocean. The Republic of Nauru is considered one of the smallest island nations in the world with a population of about 9 thousand people.
- Another country in the south of the Pacific Ocean is Tuvalu with a population of no more than 10.5 thousand people and has an area of 26 square meters. km The camp consists of coral islands.
- San Marino, an area of 61 square meters. kilometer is one of the European Council member countries and has the smallest population.
- Liechtenstein (160.4 sq. Km.) Is neighboring with Switzerland and Austria one of the most affluent states. Residents here are much smaller than registered companies.