What is megabyte?
A megabyte is one of the computer units of information measurement. Knowing what a megabyte is and how many bytes it contains is important to all active users of the Internet and mobile communications. After all, it is in their lexicon that word is used.
Use of the word "megabyte"
The word "megabyte" is used in the computer sphere and the speech of Internet users:
- To indicate the speed of the Internet in the tariff plans of various providers, the expression Mb / s (megabits per second) is used. In addition, in the tariff plans of the mobile Internet: they are often measured not even by speed, but by the number of megabytes of information that can be downloaded per day.
- To indicate the “weight” of downloaded or saved information: for example, the size of one song averages about 4 MB. Also used to denote the amount of memory flash drive or disk (for example, 700 MB).
Is a megabyte a lot or a little?
In one megabyte 8 megabits, 1024 kilobytes, or 1048576 bytes. Of course, not all of these numbers will say something specific.Most users find it much easier to understand how many megabytes it weighs with specific examples.
So, one megabyte of Internet traffic can be spent:
- Download a couple of small photos;
- retaining several ringtones (importantly - namely ringtones, not full-fledged songs);
- reading many emails;
- visiting several websites and following their links.
And many megabytes make up gigabytes.