What is a model?
The word “model” came to our language from French (modele), but comes from the Latin modulus, which literally means “sample” or “measure”. A model is a simplified representation of any device, process, or phenomenon. In another interpretation, a model is a specific system that allows one to get an idea of a similar system. And what is a model in modern Russian?
A model is a conditional or real model that is created for the knowledge (study) of objects, phenomena and events. Any model must meet such requirements as universality, accuracy, expediency, adequacy and economy.
Types of models
Depending on the purpose of the model can be the following types:
- Heuristic is an imaginary image (for example, an information model).
- Full-scale - material model, similar to real systems (layout, business model, social model, etc.).
- Mathematical model is a sample expressed in mathematical and formal-logical forms (analytical model, numerical model).
- Intermediate - a model that combines features of different types (sketches, graphs, drawings, etc.).
The level of the model is determined by the degree of simplification of the process for which the model is created. In total, there are 4 levels of models:
- functional model is created to study the functioning (features of work) of the system;
- the principal model is created to study the phenomena underlying the functioning of the system;
- structural model can look like a simplified graphical representation of the functioning of the system or a topological sample, reflecting the interrelationships of the components of the system;
- The parametric model is created by the method of mathematical modeling to identify the quantitative relationship of the main and auxiliary elements of the system.