What does the FSB?
FSB is the federal security service. This is a centralized system that implements its decisions within the limits of authority. Today, the FSB is the most powerful intelligence agency. Let's take a closer look at what the FSB is doing.
The activities of the FSB
Consider the main activities of the FSB:
- Counterintelligence activities. It is carried out by the FSB, as well as their units. Thus, counterintelligence measures are carried out in order to prevent and detect other activities of special organizations and services that may cause some damage to the state. Counterintelligence agencies will conduct counterintelligence activities, in that case if there are:
- information about the signs of intelligence activities of special organizations and services of foreign states that may cause some damage to the state;
- the need to ensure reliable protection of information that contains state secrets;
- certain information about events and actions that may affect the security of the state;
- the threat to their own security;
- requests of law enforcement agencies, special services, international organizations. In this case, counterintelligence activities are carried out on the basis of international treaties between states.
- Regulatory acts regulate the procedure for the conduct of counterintelligence activities. Counterintelligence activities that may restrict citizens' rights to telephone conversations or secret correspondence are held only on a legal basis. Counterintelligence measures that may limit the rights of citizens to the inviolability of their own homes are allowed on the basis of a judge’s decision. Only a judge may consider applications for counterintelligence. After reviewing the petition, the judge may make the following decisions:
- the ruling that counterintelligence measures may be allowed, which may limit the constitutional rights of citizens;
- decree on the prohibition of counter-intelligence activities.
- The fight against terrorism. This type of activity is carried out by the anti-terrorism bodies or their units,as well as officials in order to identify, disclose or prevent terrorist activities of other services or organizations through hostilities.
- Grounds for counter-intelligence measures to combat terrorism:
- if there is a need to cross terrorist activities;
- if there is a need to identify and detain persons who are involved in the organization of a terrorist act;
- if there is a need to obtain information about events or actions that may create a threat of terrorism.
- Anti-terrorism agencies conduct operational-combat activities. Regulatory - legal acts of the federal executive body regulate the procedure for carrying out activities to combat terrorism. Anti-terrorism bodies carry out their activities in accordance with the law.
- The fight against crime. This type of activity is carried out by the FSB authorities in order to prevent, reveal espionage, organized crime, corruption, smuggling. The activities of the FSB in the fight against organized crime is regulated by legislation on criminal procedure.
- Intelligence activities.This activity is carried out by foreign intelligence agencies under the federal executive body.
- Border activities. The main areas of border activities:
- protection and defense of the state border;
- protection and defense of the legal and economic interests of the state.
- Providing information security. This type of activity is carried out in the scientific and technical field.
Now you already know what the FSB is doing.