We master the technique of water manicure
Each woman knows that style is not only beautiful clothes, this concept includes all the smallest details of the image, and well-groomed hands and nails occupy not the last place in this pyramid of beauty.
Fashionable and original manicure is an important part of the image of a modern and successful lady, however, in order to always maintain it at the proper level, quite a lot of time, effort and money are spent.
But, of course, beauty requires sacrifice, although with a strong desire, you can always find a way out: to make a beautiful and stylish manicure at home. And that - and cheap, and takes much less time (at least, you do not have to spend money on the road to the salon).
But even here some difficulties lie in wait: the girls did not have time to deal with the subtleties of nail extension, get used to the Japanese and French methods, paintings and pasted rhinestones, as a new direction of modern nail art appeared - water manicure.
The interesting name completely echoes with the unusual technique of applying varnish - water is used as a basis, which helps create bizarre patterns and unusual ornaments.
If you have long dreamed of trying something new, but you do not have enough money and time to decorate your nails, then you will definitely like the simple technique of water manicure, which even the most inexperienced woman can master.
If you are interested in how to make a water manicure on your nails at home, we specially prepared for you and collected in one article all the main recommendations that will help you quickly master this technique.
The main essence of this manicure is the following: to get such unusual and striking patterns, it is not necessary to be a talented master or artist, because the result will please you no matter your creative abilities.
Even if something does not work out the first time, do not despair, because everywhere you need practice and experience, so please be patient. Water manicure is a special technique that allows you to decorate your marigolds with beautiful drawings in a matter of minutes, without having to take them out with a brush and draw out each line.
What will you need to create?
- A small glass filled with water almost to the brim. One of the main mistakes of a water manicure with your own hands is that the capacity is too small - make sure that the nail completely fits into it, without touching the edges.
- Varnish of several shades. It is important to know which varnish is best for creating such a manicure: it is important that it is sufficiently liquid, due to which it will easily spread over the surface of the water. Viscous and thick varnish will not work, you should not stir it with a solvent either, since you only spoil the whole pattern.
- Fat cream or scotch to protect your fingers from varnish.
- Nail polish remover.
- Cotton pads and cotton buds.
How to make a simple water manicure?
It's no secret that any manicure begins with a thorough treatment of the nail and cuticle, because if this is not done, then any, even the most professional nail art will look cheap and untidy.
To do this, first make a salt bath for nails, remove the cuticle, cut off all unnecessary and adjust the shape of the nail, having achieved the ideal option.
Interestingly, water manicure looks best on medium nails, by the way, it is this length that is most popular this season.
After the preparatory procedures are completed, you can proceed to the basic technique. To begin with, we cover the nails with a clear lacquer or lacquer base. In order to protect the cuticle and part of the finger from nail polish, it is necessary to glue this area with tape, you need to do it on all fingers, otherwise, when part of the nails will be painted, it will be extremely problematic.
Instead of scotch, you can use a greasy cream, as you know, the varnish does not stick to the oily surface, so we do not regret it, we thoroughly coat the area around the nail, the main thing is not to touch the plate itself, otherwise the varnish will not fix itself on it.
Then proceed to the "water procedures": in a glass pour water at room temperature and begin to add varnish to it. The basic principle of water manicure is this: choose a few shades of lacquer you like, and then they begin to drip onto the surface of the water.
Each drop replaces the other (you need to drip directly into the middle), thereby forming multi-colored circles on the surface. Between each drop, you need to wait a few seconds for the varnish to spread.Varnishes alternate in colors, usually 10-15 drops are enough, than colors are more contrast, that manicure turns out brighter and more effective.
If the drops spread poorly, then they can be helped a little, straightening the edges with a toothpick. After all the drops have spread over the surface, you can begin to create your own pattern: to do this, it is enough to draw lines with a toothpick, as if trying to divide the surface of varnish.
You need to do it smoothly and carefully, you can create a pattern according to some special scheme, or you can just move a toothpick, getting a chaotic, but always interesting pattern.
To make the pattern neat, the toothpick should not be dipped deep into the water; all manipulations are performed on the surface; it is advisable to wipe the toothpick with liquid after each touch on the varnish.
Now, when the picture is ready, it must be transferred to the nail plate. To do this, dip your finger in the water with your nail down parallel to the surface, straighten it only in water, collect the remaining varnish around your finger with a toothpick and gently reach for your finger.
After the lacquer is a little dry, remove the scotch, the excess, which fell on the cuticle, remove with a cotton swab with a liquid.Thus, you need to make up each finger of the first hand, and after it dries, start working on the second.
The final stage is the application of clear varnish or a special fixative to the surface of the nail plates.
A few more points:
- The water must be warm, not more than 40 °, because in cold water the varnish will not spread well, and in very hot water it will quickly coagulate, and you will not have time to draw on the surface of the water.
- Keep the toothpick clean — constantly wipe it with liquid, or replace it with a new one, as a large amount of varnish on it can easily spoil the pattern.
- To make the result even more beautiful, the surface of the finished nails can be decorated with stones, sparkles or rhinestones.
- The advantages of such a manicure include its accessibility and originality, because all the patterns are unique, it is very difficult to repeat them or make two identical ones. But the downside, perhaps, can be attributed to the duration of the process and a fairly high consumption of varnish.