What is slowfood?
Fast food is more and more capturing the world, but some are against such an offensive of "fast food". There is even a whole movement called "Slow Food".
What it is?
"Sloufud" is a movement that opposes fast food, that is, the so-called "fast food". The name, by the way, translates as "slow food", that is, it is clear that ideas are being pursued aimed at ousting hamburgers, cheeseburgers, french fries and other "hazards" from life and diet. And today it is not just a social movement, but also a way of life, as well as a special diet.
In general, it is believed that the Slow Food movement appeared in 1989, but then it was officially registered. It all began in 1986, it was at that time that the direction began to emerge in Italy. Initially, for the "slow food" were a few Italian gourmets who were against the spread of "fast" foods, unifying dishes, as well as rapid absorption of food. But the apogee was the opening in the old mansion of the fast food restaurant McDonald's.
Today, the movement is more than one hundred thousand people from 100 countries.The main direction is considered to be the development of special commandments and the rules of food of the society, aimed not only at a healthy and proper diet, but also at preserving the traditions of national cuisines, which are gradually being superseded by the “fast food” popular among young people.
What products should not be consumed?
It is clear that all fast food should be excluded from the diet, that is, products containing trans fats and so-called fast carbohydrates. These include hamburgers, cheeseburgers, french fries, various semi-finished products.
What products can be included in the menu?
The menu can and should include healthy foods: cereals, vegetables, berries, fruits, dairy and dairy products, nuts, fish, meat, legumes, greens, dried fruits, cereals (especially brown rice, bulgur, barley), as well as natural vegetable oils . Moreover, farm products grown in their native area are especially valued, they are considered the most useful.
The principles of nutrition promoted by the movement "Sloufud":
- Choose environmentally friendly, preferably farm and local products, that is, grown in your area. They are more useful, nutritious and safe.The longer the transportation is, the more likely it is that the products will be either spoiled or “flavored” with various chemicals. It's great if you have your own garden or garden, or at least familiar and proven farmers.
- The food should certainly be delicious, so that you feel pleasure in its use. So all the useful substances are better absorbed, and you get complete satisfaction and lift your spirits, thanks to positive emotions.
- Eat slowly, not in a hurry. Chew everything very carefully to fully experience the taste. In addition, with careful chewing, saliva is actively secreted, which partly already in the mouth splits some components, for example, carbohydrates. And to fully immerse himself in the process of absorption, it must pass in silence and without external stimuli. That is, you can not eat on the go, in front of the TV or for company with friends or relatives.
- Observe the measure, do not overeat. As soon as you feel a slight feeling of satiety, this means that eating should be stopped, even if there is food in the plate.And, in general, it is better to eat small portions.
- It is better to choose and eat products that have undergone minimal processing. So, it is advisable to eat fruits, vegetables and berries raw, that is, fresh. If the dish suggests thermal effects, then it should not be too long. Make everything ready, but do not overcook or fry. By the way, in general, it is better to refuse cooking and smoking, preferring steaming, baking, stewing or boiling.
- Try to cook everything yourself and at home to be able to adhere to the principles of healthy eating, select high-quality components, as well as take into account your taste preferences and enjoy not only the food itself, but also the creation of culinary masterpieces.
- Try to eat at home, not in cafes or restaurants. Take home food to work too.
- Begin to eat only in a good mood to get positive emotions.
The benefits of power on the system "Slow Food":
- It is delicious, because the dishes can be very diverse!
- This is useful for losing weight, as the basic rules of "slow food" are similar to the principles of the best and healthy diets.
- This is interesting because you can cook and taste original dishes, as well as use recipes from around the world.
- It is not expensive. If you cook yourself from local produce, you can save money. Usually fast food is much more expensive than dishes made by oneself at home.
- It is good for health. The diet contains healthy foods rich in minerals, micro and macro elements, as well as vitamins. In addition, the preparation uses the most healthy and proper methods of heat treatment.