Synquain: what is it?
Quite a few have heard such a term as sinwine; however, not everyone knows exactly what it means. Especially it is incomprehensible to those who are far from literature. Let's see what is a wine and how it can be used in pedagogy.
The story of the blue wine
Synquain is a five-line verse form, it originated in the USA at the very beginning of the 20th century. Its progenitor is the American poet Adelaide Crapsie. Japanese hockey inspired her to create this form. After its distribution, the wine was used for didactic purposes, because thanks to this poetic form it was possible to get rid of the monotonous speech of a child. Synquain is also used to synthesize complex information.
Types of blue wine
Synquain has several types, on which the rule of its preparation depends. So, there are the following types:
- Traditional blue wine consists of 5 lines with a syllable structure of 2-4-6-8-2 and 22 syllables;
- Inverse synquain - a form where there is a reverse sequence of poems (2-8-6-4-2);
- The mirror blue wine has two five-line forms (the first is the traditional one, the second is the reverse blue wine;
- The Synquain Butterfly is a nine-line verse form with a syllabic structure of 2-4-6-8-2-8-6-4-2;
- The crown of the synquains - 5 traditional synquains, which are combined into one complete poem.
- The blue-garland garland is a kind of analogue of the wreath of sonnets. This is a kind of cinqueweed crown, to which is added the sixth synquain. Moreover, the first line is taken from the first synquain, the second - from the second, the last from the last. It is quite difficult, but nevertheless, it turns out pretty well in sound. That's just to make such a poem under the force of not everyone, because it requires certain skills.
If you want to practice making synquains, you should start with the traditional version, over time you will be able to improve your skills and move on to more complex options.
Anybody can make a synquain to make a person; you just need to do it according to a certain structure.
- In the first line of this poetic form, the topic is written in just one word.It can be a noun or pronoun.
- The second line contains two words (adjectives or participles), which denote the properties or characteristics of the object indicated in the first line.
- The third line should contain 3 verbs or verbal participles. It describes the characteristic actions or events that occur with objects.
- The fourth line is a phrase of 4 words, in it is the personal attitude of the author of the synquain to the subject or object, which is described in the verse.
- The fifth line is the conclusion of the above. Here you need to meet a few words, so you need to try hard to do it.
Of course, you need to try to follow the rules of making a wine, but to make it more interesting, you can make your own adjustments. For example, increase the number of words in the lines, use the appropriate parts of speech and so on. In general, it is necessary that, as a result, the author obtained a poem with a meaning, and not a simple set of words that does not carry any interesting and important information.
Sinquain in terms of pedagogy
If you look at the blue wine from the point of view of pedagogy,then this term should be understood as free creativity, which requires the author's ability and skills to find the most important and essential points in the information material, and then sum up. In other words, a situation or story should be summarized.
Synquain can be used as a final task to test a material. Also, their compilation helps a person to enrich his speech and develop analytical skills. It is especially useful to make synquains to children, then it will be possible to enrich their speech, moreover, they will develop much faster than their peers. In Russia, this poetic form was used only in the 90s of the past millennium, while in the West it has been used for a long time.