Puff Pastry Recipes
If you want to cook puff pastry in compliance with all the rules, then cope in five minutes will not work. This process should not be taken hastily. But the result will justify the labor invested and the time spent. In this article we will tell you the recipes for puff pastry. You will learn how to make dough and yeast and yeast-free.
The secret of puff pastry is in its proper rolling. Oil should be absorbed into the layers. In no case should you allow the dough to burst when rolling, otherwise air baking will not work, it will be stuck together and firm. Therefore, when rolling it is not necessary to press hard on the rolling pin, it is necessary to move it smoothly to prevent the dough from breaking through with pieces of butter. To begin, we will learn to cook puff yeast-free dough. The recipe is designed for the preparation of 1 kg of dough. For cooking you need:
- Wheat flour - 500-600 g;
- A glass of water - 250 g;
- Butter - 350 g;
- Salt - 1/4 tsp.
- 500 g of flour mixed with salt, 100 g remains on the powder.
- Pour water.
- Add 50 g of melted butter.
- Knead the dough and knead for about a minute.
- Put the dough in a bag or film and put it in the fridge for 1 hour.
- An hour later, pull out the dough, from the remaining butter to make a layer about 1 cm thick
- Make deep incisions crosswise on a ball of dough from above.
- Quarter dough open like a flower.
- Roll them into layers, do not touch the middle.
- Put in the middle layer of oil and close the petals-layers, wrapping from all sides.
- Sprinkle the ball with flour.
- Slightly discourage rolling pin.
- Roll out a rectangle of uniform thickness. Need to roll in one direction.
- The rectangular layer obtained after rolling should be folded three times and put into the refrigerator for an hour.
- Next, do another 3-4 rolling each time in a different direction.
Next, we will prepare a puff yeast dough. The recipe is designed for 1.5 kg of dough.
For cooking you will need:
- Wheat flour - 3 cups;
- Eggs - 2-3 pieces;
- Water or milk? glasses;
- Sugar - 6 tsp.
- Vanilla sugar - to taste:
- Yeast - 20 g;
- Butter or margarine 300 g;
- First of all, prepare the usual yeast dough in any way, sponge or straight.
- Before lamination, cool the dough to 20 degrees.
- Roll it into a layer.The edges should be thinner than the middle.
- Mash butter or margarine.
- Cover 2/3 of the dough with butter. Cover the free part of the test. Fold again.
- Sprinkle the dough with flour and roll the layer 2-3 cm thick.
- Sweep away the flour. Layer fold four times.
- Roll again and fold.
- Roll it out again.
- The maximum number of layers can be 32.
To form products. Then, before baking, they must be left on the proof for about 1-2 hours, at a temperature of about 25-30 degrees. Before you put in the oven, brush with egg.