Mother’s pants sundress
Preliminary trainingFirst you need to wash your trousers and iron them. Then cut it along the inner step seam. If you trim the upper part (where the pockets and zipper are sewn), we will get two relatively flat webs with a seam in the middle.
BeforeWidth below = waist girth + 2 cm. Height and width of the upper part do at will, measuring on the child from the waist line up. Side seam to armhole = about 5 cm. This is for a child about 110 cm tall. We draw an arm line with an arc, smoothly connecting the side seam to the top of the product.
BackIt is built in the same way.We measure the height and width of the upper edge individually on a child.
SkirtThis detail is the same for the front and back. Width = waist circumference + 2 cm. Part height = product length + 2 cm (for bottom processing). For the patterns, you can use any paper, even old newspapers. Or stick together several sheets of white A-4 paper.
Cutting1. We apply the paper pattern to the seamy side so that the middle of the part coincides with the seam on the fabric. You can cut out the top part as a unit with the skirt.
TailoringWhen starting to sew, you should first buy a ready-made slanting tape in the store or carve it out of the remnants of the fabric.
- We fold the details of the front and back to the front. We break the seams with tail pins.
- We cut the shawls with an oblique tack and sew the back part with a seam stitch to the top.
- Armholes front and back, the upper edge of the front is also treated with oblique inlay.To do this, fold it in half, pin the tailor pins to the edge of the fabric and pave the machine line.
- We sew buttons on the straps, and in the corners of the part of the front we make loops.
- We process the bottom of the product . This may not be necessary if, when cutting the bottom of the skirt, it coincided with the previously treated bottom of the old trousers.