Erectile dysfunction (the so-called impotence) - such a diagnosis is made to men, if they have at least 25% of sexual acts lately have failed. Impotence in men, signs of which at the initial stage are not obvious, can be caused not only by physiological (diseases of various systems and age-related changes), but also by psychological factors.
Here are just a few of the causes of impotence in men of different ages:
- Hormonal (occurs when there is a lack of testosterone in the blood, which is responsible for potency and sexual desire);
- Psychological (manifested mainly in adolescence);
- Neurogenic (is a consequence of serious diseases and conditions - strokes, heart attacks, coma);
- Vascular (occurs in diabetes mellitus, atherosclerosis).
The first alarm signals include the following disorders:
- Weak erection. One of the first symptoms of erectile dysfunction is precisely weak rigidity, which is manifested in the lack of hardness of the penis during sexual intercourse.Most often it is associated with disorders of the vascular, hormonal, neurogenic or other system. However, in some cases, there are psychological problems.
- Inability to preserve erection. It manifests itself in premature ejaculation. In this case, the release of seminal fluid occurs either immediately after the start of sexual intercourse, or even before it begins. This is usually associated with vascular disorders. Cases of premature ejaculation on the basis of psychogenic factors are extremely rare.
- Lack of spontaneous erection. The presence of involuntary morning and night erections is one of the features of a healthy reproductive system of men. Impotence, the symptoms of which are the absence of such erections, is physiological in nature.
- Lack of adequate erection. This is the most expressive manifestation of dysfunction. Moreover, if an adequate erection is absent, and the spontaneous remains, most likely, the disorder is associated with the psychological problems of the patient.
Many men are psychologically difficult to recognize the fact that they have certain problems with potency, and even more so to consult a doctor about this.This is the main reason why this disorder is sometimes triggered. This behavior is completely wrong. Modern medicine is far advanced in the treatment of this disease. At the same time, it is necessary to realize that the sooner the first signs of impotence are revealed and the treatment begins, the more effective it will be.