How to Wear Wellies
How to Wear Wellies
Wellies, or more correctly, Wellington Boots are also know as Gum Boots in some places. Welly boots are usually made of rubber, natural or synthetic. This makes them, when in good repair, 100% water proof ideal footwear for any wet or muddy circumstances. Read on from step one below for how to wear wellies.
Establish how well your Wellington boots fit.Wellies have a round toe and are flat, and generally wide. You may find your wellies fit better with thick socks, or even two pairs of socks. Wellies generally last a while so for children, it's common to buy them a little bigger than strictly required. Ensure comfort by wearing the most suitable, appropriate socks. They are also often not lined so socks can really make a difference to fit and comfort. There are even socks 'designed' to be worn with wellies which you may like to try. Look online or at your local department store or other suitable retailer.
Ensure wellies are appropriate footwear.There are few formal occasions when wellies are suitable. Obviously, since the fashion police don't really exist, you won't get into any serious trouble for wearing your gumboots to a job interview or donning your wellies for a funeral, but, you might not feel comfortable or appropriately attired in wellies in a formal setting. There are plenty of occasions, even social ones, where wellies are ideal. Here are a few times and places you can wear your wellies:
Wear trousers, pants or jeans with your wellies.Either:
- Wear your welly boots under the pants, trouser or jean leg - this will keep your legs and feet dry but your garments may get wet if you wade or walk in a deep puddle.
- Wear your trousers, pants or jeans tucked inside your boots - wrap the loose fabric of your trouser leg around your calf and pull your boots on over it. You're free to walk in water that reaches just below the top of your welly now and you and your garments will stay dry.
- Wear your trousers, pants or jeans tucked inside your socks, inside your boots. If you want to keep your trousers leg from bunching up inside your boot, pull your sock over the trouser leg and your boot over both. This is a warm and cosy way to wear wellies.
Wear, leggings, a skirt or shorts or track pants with your wellies.Wellies are pretty casual attire. If you want to wear a skirt or some shorts with wellies on a hot day that still requires wellies, go for it. Wear anything you like and feel comfortable in. Denim fabric can look good with traditional black or green wellies.
Match your boots with your outfit.Wellies were mostly black back in the day. Green is now very popular with the Hunter brand being the epitome of green wellies. The Queen of England wears Hunter Wellies. Red shiny boots are popular with children, and Paddington bear, and cheap rubber boots are now available with everything from liquorice all sorts to flowers and animal patterns printed on them. Fashion wellies can be bought for women and children especially, although they are less common for guys. Put together your outfit including your wellies, or just wear what you like and add the wellies in the most comfortable and practical way. Some suggested outfits include:
- Classic Green Hunter Wellies with tan or brown corduroy trousers, a white, open collar shirt and a tweed jacket.
- Black wellies, faded blue jeans and a thick, cream or white knitted jersey or jumper
- Black fashion wellies with navy denim jeans and a lumberjack style shirt
- Shiny red wellies and a yellow sowester coat and hat, classic!
- Printed wellies, white leggings and a bright, block colour tee
- A floral summer dress with a full skirt and any wellies (often seen at festivals)
Know when to think carefully about the safety of wearing wellies.
- The jury is out about Wellington boots for horse back riding - if you are told not to, don't. If you think it's unsafe, don't.
- Driving a car - wellies are not ideal for driving. Do not wear them if you have a choice or you feel your control of the vehicle is compromised.
- Motorcycle Riding - do so at your own risk.
- Quad bike riding - do so at your own risk.
- When operating chain saws etc - steel toe capped wellies are available.
- Hiking - proper walking boots are designed for hiking, wellies aren't!
QuestionCould Wellies look good with a PVC Mac?Top AnswererWellies would look fantastic with a PVC Mac! Teaming items of clothing made for the same conditions always looks good. Just like sandals with shorts, Wellies and a Mac are great combination for cold, wet conditions. You can't go wrong, but you might prefer to wear complementary colors of boots and Mac, for example, black Wellington boots and a beige Macintosh.Thanks!
- If you wear your wellies in an environmentally sensitive area such as a farm or protected water way, clean thoroughly before wearing them again.
- Some shops and cafes ask that muddy boots be left out side. Be prepared to take your wellies off if asked.
Video: Wear Wellies
A Gentlemens Guide To A Romantic Weekend In Canberra
British Gardens Inspired La Perla’s Beautiful FallWinter 2019 Collection
China looks to build its way out of latest economic decline
How to Make Bread from Scratch
9 Buzzy Health and Fitness Trends to Try This Fall 2015
How to Make White Smoke
Wine Gifts and Accessories We Need This Minute
Goldman Sachs Anna Ashurov: Find a hobby
Im a 20-Year-Old Orphan Because of My Moms Heroin Addiction
Can the Feldenkrais Method Help With Multiple Sclerosis
The Morning Skin Care Routine You Need to Follow