How to water the house?
Regardless of where your house is located: in a small village remote from the metropolis, in a country or country house village, you have every opportunity to conduct water. The main condition for the success of this enterprise is the presence of a nearby water source. It may be a central water supply, a well or a well. About where you can equip the water source on your own site, read our article How to find water on the site.
Materials and equipment
In order to bring water into the house, you will need:
- water intake pump electric pump;
- PVC pipes, angles, splitters and couplings;
- half turn crane with PVC clutch;
- thermal insulation (glass wool);
- cement and sand;
- piece of flexible hose;
- knitting wire.
- soldering iron for PVC pipes;
Now consider the process of work.
How to bring water to the house
In the proposed embodiment, the pump will be under the floor in a warm room at home, but you can install it in the basement, if there is one.Usually, the ground under the floor does not freeze, in addition, a special box will be equipped for the pump for additional warming.
First you need to dig a ditch from the water source to the house. The depth of the trench depends on several conditions:
- Is the water supply system available all year round or only for the summer?
- the depth of freezing of land in your area.
Of course, if you are doing a summer water supply, then a ditch depth of 0.5 meters is sufficient, then pipes laid underground will not be distorted from walking on the surface and even from car rides.
If you plan to exploit the water supply system in the winter and at the same time live in middle latitudes, then note that the ground may freeze to 2 meters, and the pipes must be installed below the freezing level by at least 20-25 cm.
You can dig a ditch manually or with the help of technology, the width does not matter and is determined only by the convenience of working in it.
Polyvinyl chloride pipes are of two types: for hot and cold water. Therefore, if you will divert from the central water supply system, consider the purpose of the pipes. At the end of the plumbing, which you lower into the well, you need to attach a mechanical filter to avoid debris.
- Lower the pipe to the bottom of the well or well so that it does not reach at least 20-30 cm to the bottom. If your pump requires pre-injection of water (to ensure pressure), attach a tee with a half-turn valve at the ditch level, if not, just equip your knee .
- Further pipes are laid along the trench to the house. Having started the plumbing under the foundation, again make a knee and set the pipe up. Now you can equip the box for the pump.
Equipment space for the pump
The ditch continues under the house at the same depth as everywhere else; however, after you run the pipes into the house, it is enough to leave a hole under the floor measuring 100 * 100 * 100 cm. Consider only the pump dimensions - it should fit freely in the finished box.
The bottom of the pit can be filled with cement or lay a board. The walls are laid out of brick, on top of the box is closed with a wooden lid, covered with isover. The cover is located at ground level or slightly higher. After you have prepared the box, you can install the pump.
- The pump is connected to the water pipe with a special coupling. One of its edges is metal and is screwed into the inlet of the pump, and the PVC pipe is soldered to the second.
- A pipe is connected to the outlet in the same way (it can be of a smaller diameter), the latter is brought out from under the floor into the room. Then you can do the wiring for the rooms and install mixers.
- The finished design of the pump is covered with glass wool on all sides for additional insulation from the cold.
Pump start and shutdown
- Connect the flexible hose to the open outlet of the tee located in the well. Open the half turn tap. Place a funnel and manually fill the water pipe with water. After that, close the valve (this item is necessary if you need to first create pressure to start the pump).
- Turn on the pump in the electrical network.
- Check the operation of the pump by opening the mixer.
After you make sure that the whole system is functioning normally, warm the whole part of the water supply that will be underground with glass wool. Additionally, you can add a layer of top on top.
Bury the trench in the street, cover the pump box. Plumbing is ready for operation.