How to treat a dog?
Many people consider their pets as family members. And so when they get sick, the owners ask about their treatment. But the difficulty is that a cat or a dog cannot say what exactly hurts them. Therefore, the owners themselves have to find the symptoms of the disease and decide how to treat the dog.
Symptoms of ailments dogs
Every disease has its own symptoms and they manifest themselves differently. But there are general ways to determine if an animal is healthy.
- The first alarm is dog lethargy. Depending on the temperament and breed of a pet, its activity may vary. But regardless of this, the dog must be joyful, respond quickly to the call and be cheerful. If she lies blankly on the litter, does not respond to the nickname and refuses to eat, then this is the first signal that it needs to be examined.
- Dog hair should always be smooth and shiny. On the skin should not be any pimples, weeping wounds, spots, and so on, there should be no bald spots. It is worth remembering that the dog should molt only twice a year.If this happens all the time, then it is worth checking the health of the dog, because skin diseases or allergies are possible.
- The appearance of any discharge from the eyes is also an alarming symptom. A norm is when the dog's eyes sparkle, and the sclera is pink. This also applies to mucous membranes: they should not be pale or blue. Abundant salivation should not be observed.
- Normal breathing healthy dogs - smooth and calm, without extraneous noise. If there are wheezing, whistling, difficulty breathing in or out, and so on, then this is a symptom of the disease.
- Diarrhea, vomiting, feces or urine with blood are also symptoms of various diseases.
If any ailments appear, you should contact your veterinarian.
The main diseases of dogs
Dogs have no less disease than humans. But it is worth knowing how to behave in the most common cases.
Most often, pet owners are faced with the fact that they do not know how to treat diarrhea in a dog. In the treatment of any disease, it is important to establish the root cause, most likely, the cause of problems with the gastrointestinal tract. And while preparing tests, you can put the dog on a strict diet. On the first day - no food, on the second day - rice water on the water.If diarrhea passes, then you can return to the usual diet.
Another common problem that dog owners face is ear anxiety. In this case, the owners often do not know at all what to treat the ears of the dog. First of all, they need to be cleaned with cotton swabs. It is necessary to remove all sulfur from the ears. Then you can wipe your ear with hydrogen peroxide or drip special drops. The symptoms of ear disease include the following: the dog shakes his head, there are discharge from the ears, bad smell.
Some diseases are dangerous for humans. And so you need to know everything about the dog versicolor than to treat this disease, because knowing this will never be useless. Deprive is a disease that has a fungal nature, and it is very contagious for everyone around.
But the symptoms inherent in depriving, may resemble other skin problems, so you need to conduct laboratory tests. After the diagnosis, it is important to place the animal in quarantine (isolate from the rest of the pets and households). After treatment, wash your hands thoroughly.The whole apartment must be washed with bleach to kill the fungus. Around the lesions need to shave wool. Then the skin is smeared with antifungal drugs. In severe cases, the veterinarian may prescribe antimycotics.
Since the four-legged pet should be walked at least twice a day, you need to know how to treat a tick in a dog. Its presence in the pet's skin is difficult to diagnose. The most common manifestations of the disease occur in the second stage. You can see small pustules - these are the places where tick colonies are located. They may ooze a foul-smelling pus.
Therefore, it is important to inspect the dog every day. The presence of a subcutaneous mite is determined by analysis. If their presence is confirmed, then it is necessary to use drugs of the group of acaricides. The use of immunomodulators is also helpful.
It would be useful to learn how to treat cystitis in dogs. This disease is often found in women, but it is non-infectious. Cystitis is inflammatory and affects the bladder. His first symptoms are painful urination. As an ambulance, a warm compress can be applied to the dog's stomach.In the treatment using antibacterial drugs and antibiotics. The dog can drink tea from calendula and wheatgrass.
In dogs with flat faces, the eyes are most often affected. Therefore, you need every day to inspect the pet and, of course, know how to treat the eyes of the dog. Therefore, any discharge, redness, bulging eyes should get your attention. Depending on the cause of the disease, medications are prescribed. Most often it is drops or a special ointment for the eyes. It should be understood that in case of eye injuries, one treatment is required, and in case of a viral disease, a completely different one.
Dogs, like people, have a cold. Therefore, in the case of colds, a dog can be wrapped in a warm blanket, and coughing should be given water from licorice root. It should be understood that cough can be a symptom of other diseases, such as allergies. A wet cough may indicate problems with the lungs and bronchi. It can also indicate sinusitis, tonsillitis and laryngitis. Depending on the cause of the cough, the veterinarian prescribes medications. After visiting the doctor, you will know how to treat a dog’s cough, and you can do without the doctor’s hints the next time.
How to inspect a dog?
Any disease is easier to prevent than to cure.For this you need every day to properly inspect the dog.
- First of all, you need to carefully examine the dog's face. The nose should be wet and cold, the eyes - clean, the sclera - without redness, there should be no discharge, the pupils should be without turbidity, the nose - without pimples and discharge.
- Dogs do not have caries, but tartar can form. And this already leads to other diseases. Therefore, it is important to brush your dog's teeth once a week and examine them every day. They should be white, from the mouth should not smell anything. If there is a fetid odor, this may indicate the presence of tartar or problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
- It is important to examine the mucous jaws. They should not be pale or blue, have wounds and ulcers. Some breeds may have pigment black spots - these are normal variations.
- Next you need to examine the ears of a dog. They should also not have any discharge, foul odor, sores, or wounds. When touching the ears, the animal should behave calmly. Inside the ears should be pink, to the touch - elastic.
- Next you need to delay the wool on the neck. This will help check for dehydration.This is especially important with diarrhea.
- The next stage is palpation of the ribs. It helps to determine the presence of obesity or, conversely, exhaustion. But it is best to weigh the dog.
- The skin should be without wounds, scratching, redness, ulcers, weeping eczema and so on. Wool should not fall out scraps, in its state it should be smooth and shiny. When holding the hand, the wool should not fall out.
If you notice any negative changes in the appearance and condition of your pet, then it is best to take him for a visit to the vet, let the doctor check your dog.