How to transport cargo?
Different life situations require transportation of certain things and materials. Regular small loads can be transported by car or truck transport. And with an oversized or dangerous cargo, the situation is a little different. From the article you will learn what applies to oversized and dangerous goods, as well as how to transport such goods.
Transportation of oversized cargo
Oversized cargoes are considered, the weight and size parameters of which exceed the size during transportation and are set in the rules of the road traffic regulations. In other words, these are loads that do not fit in standard vehicles.
Existing vehicles that, with common parameters, allow to carry loads of 2.55 m in width, 13.6 m in length and 2.55 in height.
If you need to transport oversized cargo, you should contact the specialized campaigns involved in transportation. Cooperation with them is as follows:
- Representatives of the company will calculate the weight, size, value of your cargo.
- Next, they will develop a delivery route.
- Will carry out loading and unloading.
- Make out the necessary documentation.
In some cases, shipping requires the organization of escort.
Rules for the transport of oversized cargo:
- Presence of permission. Obtaining permission is carried out up to 20 days. First of all, you need to apply for it in one of the instances:
- Federal Automobile and Road Service of Russia (for international transportation);
- The federal directorate of highways and regional directorates (for intercity and local traffic passing along federal highways);
- Territorial road management authorities (responsible for transportation on the serviced road network);
- It is necessary to coordinate the route, which is allocated 5 days. It is necessary to do this with the following services: police department, traffic police of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and also the Department of Internal Affairs related to the movement of cargo.
- Marking. Other road users should be warned that you are shipping. To do this, use the following characters:
- "Auto train" - on the roof of the cab of the tractor 3 orange lighthouses;
- "Long vehicle" - a sticker in the form of a yellow rectangle with a red edging;
- "Bulky cargo" - glued square with white and red stripes diagonally.
- Observe restrictions. The movement of vehicles with oversized cargo is allowed within the city only at low traffic intensity, and on international roads - only during the day.
- For failure - fine. Failure to comply with one or more of the above rules is punishable by fines. So the driver will be fined 1000-2000 rubles. and will be deprived of rights for a period of up to 6 months, officials will be fined up to 20,000 rubles, and legal - up to 400,000 rubles. and delayed vehicle.
Transportation of dangerous goods
The category of “dangerous” includes cargoes that, by their properties, pose a threat to the life and health of people, can harm the environment and cause material damage. It is because of the threat, which in itself carries the transport of such goods, all manipulations with them, as well as the requirements for the staff are governed by the relevant legal acts.
All dangerous goods are assigned a hazard class, depending on the degree of its threat.To date, 9 classes have been developed: the smaller the number, the more dangerous the load:
- 1st class - explosive substances and materials;
- 2nd class - transportation of gases under pressure;
- 3rd class - flammable liquids;
- 4th grade - flammable substances;
- 5th class - the loads containing oxidizers;
- Grade 6 - materials that present bacteriological or toxic threats;
- 7th class - loads capable of radioactive radiation;
- Grade 8 - chemical reagents and substances with high chemical activity;
- Grade 9 - a group of materials that pose a minor threat to the environment.
Depending on the class, different requirements apply to vehicles. If it is necessary to transport dangerous goods, you should contact a specialized company. When transporting them, the following conditions must be met:
- The cargo of each class requires certain precautionary measures. So some substances must be protected from shaking, shock, heating.
- During transport, vehicles must have with them all the necessary documents.
- Shipping containers should be made of quality material, no leaks and defects are allowed.
- Personnel working with such cargo must have appropriate equipment.
As you can see, to be engaged in a cargo transportation business risky. After all, its implementation must take into account the many nuances. Only people who are constantly engaged in transportation can do this qualitatively.