How to remove the tailgate trim?
No matter what kind of body your car has - a sedan, hatchback, SUV or whatever, there is always a trim on the lid or tailgate. During the operation of the car, it may be necessary to dismantle it in order to troubleshoot the rear lights, trunk lock or installing vibration / noise insulation. The article describes the detailed process of how to remove the tailgate trim.
Removing the tailgate trim
- First you need to dismantle the overhead elements from the skin:
- Virtually every modern car is equipped with a handle for easy closing of the trunk lid, so you need to unscrew it with a Phillips screwdriver or a star screwdriver.
- If there are other plastic covers, they just need to be snapped off.
- Visually determine: the skin is a single piece or consists of different elements.
- If the part is solid, then it can be removed by snapping the caps around the perimeter.
- Pistons may be located inside the plating.To do this, you can pick up the item with a flat screwdriver so that you can further pull off the trim with your hands. When the caps are removed, it remains to remove the casing from the latches.
- They can also be located outside around the perimeter. In this case, it is convenient to remove them with a special fork, resembling a nail puller, or carefully pick it up with a flat screwdriver.
- If the skin is composite, then it is better to find instructions for specifically your model, since a certain order of removal of each element is possible.