How to remove subtitles?
All modern films are voiced in at least several languages. This allows at times to increase the coverage of the audience and expand the geography of the distribution of motion pictures. But from the first screening of the film “at home” to the premiere of the film in a certain country, a lot of time can pass (if, of course, it is translated into the required language). That is why some movies add subtitles - text boxes at the bottom or top of the screen. While watching the tape, the dialogues of actors and explanations of certain moments of the film are displayed on one of the little-known or “irrelevant” languages for the film. With the help of subtitles, film companies can significantly save on translation for those countries that are not able to provide huge sales of their creation.
Unfortunately, there are situations where subtitles are a hindrance when watching a movie. For example, if you make a normal voice acting films in your native language, and the subtitles are broadcast for any other region.On some DVD discs, it is possible to turn off subtitles, but this is not always possible with a downloaded or purchased online movie.
How to remove subtitles from a movie downloaded to a computer?
First you need to decide whether it is possible to disable subtitles programmatically:
- If the movie is a single file with the extension. avi, .mp4, .mov, etc., then a software shutdown of subtitles is impossible (they are superimposed directly on the video sequence).
- If the movie was downloaded in the form of several directories with files (both video and text), then you can easily turn off the subtitles.
To remove subtitles, you should:
- Delete all text files and files without an extension from the movie directory (this will get rid of any subtitles, translations, DVD menus, etc.).
- Use the built-in player function to disable subtitles:
- in KMPlayer, press ALT + X, then the subtitles will disappear;
- in the standard Windows Media Player, press ALT + Enter, then right-click on the image and select "Lyrics, Subtitles", then click "Disable";
- in VLC, right-click on the image and select "Subtitles", then you need to move the cursor to the "Disable" item and click it.