How to remove Ask?
Watch the video
Add-ons for browsers can be very diverse and, accordingly, have different functionality. Some of the plug-ins quite seriously affect the functionality of the browser (for example, Adobe Flash Player). One of the popular browser plugins is the Ask.com Toolbar.
Ask toolbar - what is it? Ask.com is a popular search engine that also offers users to install their browser search plugin. Some users choose it consciously, while others can install it completely by accident. Surely, many are faced with a situation where, together with a specific program, the installer prompts the user to install some additional software. Elementary inattention leads to the fact that over time, the user can find on his computer a large number of such "accidentally installed" programs and plug-ins.
Removing some software usually doesn’t cause difficulties, but problems with the removal of the Ask toolbar are quite often.
Uninstall the Ask Toolbar
The most common cause of the Ask Toolbar removal is a drop in browser performance.There are two ways to remove this plug-in - using standard tools and using additional software. On how to remove any other toolbar, you can learn from the article How to remove a toolbar.
The ask can be deleted both with the help of the browser itself and with standard tools of the operating system.
Removing with standard OS tools
For Windows XP and Windows 7 operating systems, the standard method is quite simple.
- Click the "Start" button and go to the "Control Panel".
- In the "Control Panel" you need to select the "Add or Remove Programs" tab.
- In the list of programs that opens, you need to find the Ask Toolbar and just delete it.
Windows 8 is different in appearance and therefore for new users, searching for a control panel can be somewhat difficult.
- On the desktop of the operating system, you must move the mouse cursor to the lower left corner.
- In the menu that opens, you need to find the "Panel" tab and open "Add or Remove Programs."
- In the list that opens, find the Ask Toolbar and delete it.
For any of the modern browsers, the way to remove the Ask Toolbar is quite simple and does not take much time.
For Internet Explorer:
- In Internet Explorer, open the Tools tab and select Manage Add-ons.
- Open the "Toolbar and Extensions" and select the Ask Toolbar in the list that opens, then click on the "Disable" button.
For Google Chrome browser:
- Open the menu and select the "Tools" tab, and in it the "Extensions" tab.
- Select Ask Toolbar and to the right of the item with the extension, click on the button in the form of a basket (delete).
- Use the keyboard shortcut Shift + Ctrl + A to select the add-on manager.
- Navigate to the extensions and select the Ask Toolbar, then simply delete it.
Uninstalling the Ask Toolbar Using Third-Party Software
If the standard removal methods did not work, you can resort to other methods - use additional software. There is a utility that is recommended directly by the publisher of the Ask Toolbar plugin -.
Using ApnRemover is very simple:
- Download it to your computer and close all tabs in your browser, if it is running.
- Run the installation program and then restart the computer.
- Using the program, remove the Ask Toolbar and reboot the computer to complete the removal process.
In rare cases, experienced users recommend using SpyHunter, which will automatically find and remove not only the Ask Toolbar, but also a variety of suspicious software.