How to make mashed zucchini?
Zucchini - a real pantry of vitamins and minerals. In addition, this vegetable is low in calories and easily digestible. He has proven himself with nutritionists and pediatricians as a product that is excellent for the first feeding of infants. We offer to learn how to make mashed zucchini for babies of the first year of life.
The invaluable qualities of this vegetable perfectly affect the health of the child and the formation of his good taste. Zucchini is not inclined to cause allergies, so it is recommended to use it as a first complementary food for babies.
It should be noted that in the preparation of any recipe mashed zucchini is quite simple and does not require much effort and time. Here are some recommendations that will help you to prepare this dish:
- You need to use fresh, slightly unripe fruits, great if they are plucked from your garden bed. If this is not possible, then the market will do.
- Choose those with a whole rind and tail that have not yet had time to dry.
- Do not store zucchini for a long time.They have ripening seeds, which leads to a loss of tenderness of the pulp and useful qualities of the product.
- In winter, you can use frozen zucchini.
- The zucchini pulp is easily digested and does not irritate the intestines of the baby.
- Iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium and sodium salts contained in it can calm the nervous system of the baby and prevent the development of anemia.
- In order to cook mashed zucchini for babies, you need to thoroughly wash the vegetable, clean it from the skin and pour water on for 4 hours.
- Then remove the seed part and cut the flesh into small pieces.
- For the preparation of mashed zucchini need about 10-20 minutes (depending on the maturity of the fruit) to simmer it in a saucepan.
- When the pulp is ready, it must be thoroughly crushed with a blender or passed through a fine sieve.
- For taste, you can add a few drops of fresh olive oil and a little salt.
- 1 squash (young)
- 3-4 Art. spoons of milk 2.5% fat or breast
- 0.5 tsp olive oil
- If you want the vegetable to keep the maximum amount of nutrients, then it is worth steaming.Therefore, already thoroughly washed and peeled vegetable cut into slices and boil it in a double boiler until ready (as a rule, from 10 to 20 minutes).
- When the zucchini is ready, its pulp is ground in mashed potatoes with the help of a usual spoon or a fine sieve.
- In the warm puree add olive oil and milk.
The result is a very healthy and delicate dish.