How to make homemade pita bread?
It turns out that real pita can be baked easily at home. How to make pita bread at home, we have already told in the article How to make pita bread. We offer you two more recipes of national oriental bread: thick Georgian lavash in the oven and thin Armenian lavash in a pan.
Thick pita bread
- 0.5 kg. wheat flour;
- 1 tsp with a hill of dry yeast;
- 1 tsp salts;
- 0.5 tsp. Sahara;
- 1 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- 0.5 tbsp. water.
How to cook homemade pita bread in Georgian: instructions
- Sift flour into a bowl and add salt, sugar and yeast to it. Stir.
- Pour warm, boiled water into the dry mix. We pour water in a thin stream and simultaneously mix everything with a wooden spatula. Then add a tablespoon of vegetable oil and knead the dough by hand.
- Clean the bowl with oil. Put the dough in it, cover with a towel and leave in a warm place for an hour. After that, crush the dough and again set aside for another 40 minutes.
- The oven is heated to 210 degrees.
- Lubricate the baking sheet and hands with vegetable oil.
- Divide the dough in half. One part is left in a bowl, the second, rolled into a bowl, put on a baking sheet and kneaded into a round cake. We press along the edge of the circle and inside the grooves.
- Leave the cake on the baking sheet to come up for another 10 minutes, sprinkle with water and put in the oven for about half an hour.
- Sprinkle the finished pita again, cover with a towel and leave to cool.
Thin pita bread
From thin pita you can cook a variety of snacks. How to do this, read the article What to cook from pita. And for the preparation of the pita we will need the following ingredients:
- 4 tbsp. flour;
- 1.3 Art. water;
- 1 tbsp. l vodka;
- 1 egg;
- 1 pinch of salt;
- 3 tbsp. l vegetable oil.
- Pour into a saucepan water mixed with salt and vegetable oil, and bring to a boil.
- Pour half a glass of flour in a bowl and brew it with boiling water, adding water a little and mixing it thoroughly. Leave to cool.
- Add the vodka and egg to the choux dough, mix and gradually pour the remaining flour, knead the dough.
- Put the dough in a bowl, cover with a towel and leave for about an hour. During this time, twice knead the dough.
- We take the pan as large as possible.Divide the dough into pieces. On a floured table, roll out the first piece of dough as thin as possible, wrap it on a rolling pin and transfer it to a baking sheet. Fry pita bread on a stove in a dry frying pan.
- As soon as bubbles start to appear on the baked cake, turn it over and fry the other side.
You can also bake pita bread on a baking sheet by placing it on several burners at once. Finished cakes can be stored in a regular plastic bag for about three days.