How to make crackers with your own hands?
Who, at least once, stale bread did not lie at bread in the breadbasket - and you no longer want to eat it, and it is a pity to throw it away. This is how the unfortunate piece lays until it is completely moldy and it only remains to send it to the trash bin. In such a situation, just right, to recall the existence of such an appetizing delicacy as crackers.
Of course, ready-made crackers can always be bought in stores - there is a large selection - with spices and aromatic fillings, but we know perfectly well that their seductive taste is largely based on a large number of preservatives and chemical additives. We need it? It is much more pleasant and healthier to make homemade croutons, besides, you can make them for every taste.
Once upon a time such a simple product of the “secondary” production saved from hunger, but today they have become an excellent addition to many modern dishes: croutons perfectly fit into the savory features of some salads, first and even main courses (in the form of breading).
In addition, dried and well-fertilized with spices, they are an excellent snack for beer, and many children love to eat them just like that, as a treat. In general, it is no secret that every housewife should know how to make fragrant and crunchy homemade crackers, moreover, it is not difficult at all. As in any culinary business, let it be so insignificant, it also has its own nuances and features.
- The simplest and easiest way is to simply cut bread in small cubes (about 1 cm) and dry it in the oven. It should be remembered that light bread is prepared much faster than black bread, since in the latter there is much more moisture.
- From the baking temperature will depend on the consistency of the finished crackers. The most convenient threshold is 120 °, at the same time, they will dry for about 30 minutes, they do not need to be turned over in the process, and the result is quite dense crackers. If there is no time to wait so long, then at 200 ° they are obtained literally in 10-15 minutes, however, there is a nuance - they need to be turned in time so that one side is not burnt. As a result of such quick cooking, the croutons are more tender and crumbly.
- It is better to store the finished product in cloth bags or dry plastic containers, where there is a constant access of oxygen. Also, it is useful to know that the croutons perfectly absorb the surrounding smells, and therefore, if you do not want them to soak up with something foreign, keep them away from other products.
- At home, crackers can be done in different ways: in the oven, in the pan, in the microwave or even the slow cooker - everyone is free to choose the option that he likes.
Recipe with garlic in a pan
Garlic crackers are delicious and very appetizing, perfect for a beer snack or a savory addition to the first dish, such as pea soup. So, what we need:
- white bread (better yesterday) - 1/3 of a loaf;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- olive oil - 3 tbsp. spoons;
- dried spices, salt, pepper.
Cut the crust off the bread (if you wish, leave it), then cut the crumb into small cubes. If the bread is completely fresh, it will be difficult to cut it, so ideally for yesterday or the day before yesterday. Peel the garlic and then finely chop with a knife.
In the pan (preferably with a thick bottom), heat the olive oil and fry the garlic on it until it is covered with a golden crust, then remove it from the oil. If you leave it there, as a result, the garlic will burn and greatly spoil the taste of crackers. Now lay out the bread in the pan, sprinkle it with dried spices, salt and pepper, fry, stirring constantly for about 20 minutes. Ready crackers should get a nice golden color.
Recipe "crackers for beer"
For the preparation we need:
- black bread - 0.5 loaves;
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- salt, herbs, spices to taste.
Bread cut into small strips. Then add chopped greens, salt and spices to vegetable oil. As the latter, you can use red pepper, garlic, ground parsley, or purchase store seasonings.
Who does not want to interrupt the taste of crackers with something else, it is enough to add herbs and salt. Pour the finished oil filling into a plastic bag, pour in the same sliced bread and inflate it halfway, spin it. After that, we start shaking the bag so that the pieces of bread soak up the seasoned butter.
We preheat the oven to 200 ° C in advance, pour the bread from the breadboard onto the baking sheet in an even layer and send them to bake, remembering to stir occasionally. Usually, the whole baking process takes about 30-40 minutes.
Croutons with tomato in the microwave
For the preparation we need:
- rye bread - 0.5 rolls;
- tomato paste - 3 tsp;
- olive oil - 4 tbsp. spoons;
- dried greens, paprika, salt and pepper.
As always, we cut the crust off the bread, and then cut it into cubes or small cubes. In a separate container, mix the olive oil with spices to taste, add tomato paste and dried herbs to the same place. As in the previous recipe, pour the ready oil seasoning into a bag, pour the prepared bread into the bag, inflate it, and now you need to thoroughly trot it so that the blanks are evenly covered with spices.
Put the seasoned bread on a flat plate and send it to the microwave to bake: to do this, turn it on at maximum power, the cooking time is about 3 minutes. After that, open the door, turn over the crackers and turn on the microwave again at the same time.That's all, fragrant crackers with tomato and herbs are ready!