How to make crafts with your own hands?
Watch the video
The creation of handicrafts is not only a fascinating process, which allows to throw out creative energy, but also an occasion to make a spiritual surprise to your family and friends. The variety of techniques and materials is impressive - everyone will be able to choose the appropriate option for themselves.
Depending on the basic material, crafts are from:
- and other materials.
Creating crafts does not require special skills - just try different materials and techniques, until you stop at the one that suits you best. Already in a particular technique, one can infinitely improve, starting with the simplest. Train your skills, watch workshops, video tutorials. Get high-quality tools for work, prepare the workplace.
Making of cloth: heart with coffee aroma
A wonderful gift for loved ones, which will warm them and make them smile again. A small heart made of cloth, filled with a tart mixture of aromas of vanilla, cinnamon, and, of course, coffee - will have to be very useful in the cold winter. This can be a pleasant surprise for the New Year or for no reason.
Another plus of the gift is that it is easy to make it - the child can handle it. For the manufacture of the heart will need:
- white natural fabric (cotton, chintz, linen);
- synthetic winterizer or other filler;
- paper or cardboard template;
- white thread, needle, scissors;
- PVA glue;
- 3-layer napkin with selected pattern;
- objects for decoration - decorative key, rope.
The manufacturing process is as follows.
- A heart is cut out of the fabric according to the pattern - 2 pieces. Add 0.5 cm to the contour - for the seams. Sew along the contour, not forgetting to leave about 2-3 cm not stitched, for padding with padding polyester.
- Remove the product. Stuff with filler. Sew the hem with a neat seam.
- Vanilla, cinnamon and coffee are mixed in a cup, diluted with hot water and applied with a brush to the product. It is important to do this quickly and, if possible, evenly, so that when drying, there are no stains left.
- Heart send to dry in the oven - at a minimum temperature, it is possible with the door open. Also dried on the battery or, in the hot season, in the open air. In the oven, do not hold more than 10 minutes - so you get a natural rich coffee color.
- Now take a napkin. Cut out the selected pattern - for example, a butterfly, and separate the first layer (there are three of them). Mix the glue with water (1: 1 ratio) and spread the mixture on the surface of the heart where the element will be located. Attach the design to the product and brush over the top with a brush. Spread the folds. Leave to dry.
- The heart is ready, it remains to decorate it even more. And here you can turn on the fantasy. For example, stretch a decorative rope along the seam contour, tied with a bow. And on the bow, you can attach a decorative key or other interesting detail. Used to decorate various laces, thin ribbons, beads.
You can decorate a room with such fabric hearts - it will be filled with a wonderful aroma.
Weave from the newspaper
This material is available, perhaps, to everyone - who does not have a pile of old newspapers at home? They make interesting and rather durable weaving from newsprint - baskets, vases, bottles, plates, pots. Let's get acquainted with this technique.
The main element of weaving - tubes from the newspaper. How to screw them? This may be difficult at first, but the practice will bring the action to automatism.
- fine needle;
How to make tubules
- The newspaper is cut into 4 pieces in width.
- Spoke put on the corner and begin to twist at an angle of 45 degrees. Secure with glue and remove the needle.
For a detailed master class on making tubes out of a newspaper and painting them, see the video on our website.
Newspaper tubes can be used for weaving of various degrees of complexity - from decorative hearts for interior decoration to baskets. Examples of works and interesting workshops are posted on the channel.
Plain paper is a source of no less original ideas. Articles How to do crafts with your own hands and What you can do with your own hands from paper will tell you how to make a garland, kusudamu or appliqué.
We make lamb from salt dough
This material will appeal to those who in childhood loved to sculpt from clay. Because salty dough is very similar to it, only more plastic in work. Its easy to cook.
Choose fine-grained salt, with it the dough will turn out homogeneous. Flour and salt - in proportion 1: 1, this is a classic recipe. Mix the products in a bowl, add about half a glass of water. Knead hands.The resulting mass should be similar to plasticine in density. It should not be wet or crumble.
Dough can be used immediately. Stored material in the refrigerator.
Salted dough sheep
To make a simple lamb of your own hands, you will need:
- Spread foil on the surface. Take the dough - a small lump and roll out on a foil in a circle of medium thickness. This is the basis, the body of a lamb.
- Next, take a small ball of dough and form a voluminous head. Lightly soak it at the base and "stick" to the base-circle.
- Formed ears, tail, balls, eyes, mini-balls for hair - and attached. Use a needle to carefully line the nose and mouth. Use a needle to make a hole at the edge of the base for the thread.
- The lamb is dried on the battery or in the oven over low heat until solid. You can also lay out in the sun, if it's summer.
- Painting is a pleasant process. Choose acrylic or gouache, top with a special varnish. Thread the thread through the hole. Now the sheep can be hung as a decoration of a room or a Christmas tree for the New Year.
We brought quite standard materials that make nice crafts. Read articles
about unusual manufacturing materials - buttons, pins and plastic spoons.