Perfect Beachy Waves Tutorial | Alexandrea Garza
How to Get Loose Waves
Want to transform your tresses into loose, beachy waves? This pretty, natural look isn't difficult to achieve. See Step 1 and beyond to learn how to get loose waves using a curling iron, a diffuser or braiding your hair.
Start with completely dry hair.Second-day hair sometimes works better for styling, so if you can, wait a day after washing your hair. This will help your waves stay in place longer.
- If your hair is naturally very curly, [Straighten Your Hair | straighten it] before continuing. If you want loose waves, you'll need to start with either straight or slightly wavy hair.
Heat up a large-barrel curling iron.The larger the barrel, the looser your waves will look. Heat it to the lowest setting required to hold curl in your hair - it's different for everyone. If your hair is on the coarse side, you should be able to use low to medium heat. For fine, straight hair, use medium or high heat.
Apply product to your hair.This will protect your hair from heat damage and also help your waves stay in place. Choose a spray or serum designed to protect your hair from heat. Avoid gel or mousse-combined with the direct heat, as they'll make your waves look too crunchy and less natural.
Wrap your hair around the curling iron barrel.Don't open the clamp of the curling iron, just wrap your hair around the whole thing. This will give you loose waves instead of tighter curls. Hold a section of hair and wrap it near the roots at the base of the barrel, working your way down to the tips. Hold it for about 5 seconds, then release. You should have a wavy, twisty section of hair. Repeat with every section.
- Be careful to keep your fingertips away from the curling iron.
- If you want more wave around the end of the section, grab it with the curling iron clamp and hold it for a few seconds.
- If you have a lot of hair, clip up the top section and start with the back, then work your way forward.
Finger comb your hair.Don't use a comb or brush, since this will undo your waves. Use your fingers to carefully relax the curls into waves and tousles. Toss your hair and spray it lightly with a flexible hold finishing hair spray if needed.
Start with wet hair.This method works best if you naturally have wavy hair, since you won't be able to straighten it beforehand and you won't be adding to your natural curl. Apply a curl cream based on your natural curl type to give your waves a bit more hold.
Towel your hair dry.Use a micro fiber cloth or towel, since a regular towel is too abrasive on the cuticle of naturally curly hair and will cause frizz. Squeeze your hair gently to get rid of extra water.
Apply product.Use mousse or gel for optimal hold. For a more textured look, use a sea-salt spray.
Attach the diffuser to your blow dryer.Most blow dryers come with a diffusion attachment that you can apply to the barrel to disperse the air flow.
Dry hair.For the sections on top of your head, bend over at the waist and flip your hair upside down for easier access.
Set the style with hairspray.Your hair won't need much tousling if you diffuse it-the waves will already be loose and natural-looking.
Start with wet hair before bed.This method works great with straight or lightly wavy hair. If you have curly hair, it'll just curl up instead of drying into loose waves.
Apply product.This will help your waves stay in a pretty shape. For tighter hold, use gel or mousse.
Part your hair into four or five sections.Use a comb to ensure your parts are clean and even, from your forehead to your neck. Secure each section with a non-metal hair band.
Braid each section.If you want waves from your hairline all the way down your hair, do French braids. If you want your hair to remain a bit straight on top, then just do regular braids. Secure at the bottom with elastics.
Sleep with the braids.Your hair will dry into crimped waves overnight.
Pull out the braids in the morning.Don't comb or brush the waves - run your fingers through them to loosen them up.
Set the waves.Using your fingers, carefully relax the curls into waves. Toss your hair and spray it lightly with a flexible hold finishing/shining hair spray if needed.
QuestionCan I use the diffuser to get loose curls too?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt depends what sort of hair texture you have. A diffuser is good either for people with curly hair, or those who want a tousled look. The best way to achieve loose curls is with a curling iron or hair straighteners.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if my hair is fine and thin?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTake wider, larger sections of hair and wrap it around the curling iron. Brush it out with your fingers until you reach the desired effect.Thanks!
- Remember you can curl your hair in many different ways without having to use heat. You Can wrap your hair around your finger and use a bobby pin to keep it still - wear it overnight and in the morning you will have beautiful curls.
- if you're doing braids, wet your hair but then make the braids loose. it will look more natural.
- Use a hand mirror to see the back of your hair as you work in front of a larger mirror.
- Skinny curling irons will give you curls. Larger barrels or rollers can give you waves.
- If you want volume, it would look nice if you tease your hair on the top of your head. And then hairspray all over your hair! Make sure you don't apply too much.
- Don't leave curling iron in your hair for too long.
- Heat styling overall is bad for your hair. Keep the heat on low and use irons sparingly to avoid irreversible damage. Also, use a heat protection serum.
Things You'll Need
Curling iron (optional)
Blow dryer with diffuser attachment (optional)
Non-metal hair elastics (optional)
In other languages:
Español: , Deutsch: , Italiano: , Português: , Français: , Русский: , 中文:
Video: EASY BEACH WAVES FOR SHORT HAIR + HOW TO GET WHITE BLONDE HAIR! | Aspyn Ovard
LeBron James showed up to the NBA finals in a suit with shorts
How to Detect Skin Cancer
6 Sunscreen Mistakes That Hurt Your Skin
How to Make a Homemade Spa (for Girls)
Weed stocks: Aurora Cannabis debuts New York Stock Exchange
Nick Cannon Hospitalized for Mild Kidney Failure
How to Protect Yourself and Your Belongings in Hotels and Cars
How to Fly to Curacao
How to Shave in the Winter (Yes, Its Different)
21 magical Disney tattoos youre going to want to copy
Frances Largeman-Roth, R.D.N
Los Backstreet Boys tienen nuevo disco y llega con gira incluida
What the Dad Bod Really Tells Us About How We Label Men vs