How to flash Sony Ericsson?
Watch the video
Phone firmware is a rather complicated process, but not so much that it cannot be done on its own. Of course, you run the risk of spoiling your phone and losing the right to warranty repair in case you have installed the firmware from a third-party developer incorrectly. However, if for some reason you don’t want to give the phone for firmware to a service center, in this article we will give you detailed instructions on how to flash Sony Ericsson.
Before flashing it is necessary to charge the device. If during the direct installation of the new firmware, the phone suddenly turns off or the usb cable connecting the phone and computer is disconnected, the phone may stop working in principle. In this case, a trip to the service center is inevitable.
There are two versions of firmware: official firmware produced by the manufacturer, and unofficial, from third-party developers.
Whatever firmware you install on your phone, before starting work, back up your phone data.
Installing the official firmware is done using the program:
- Install and run the program on your computer.
- Follow the recommendations and instructions on the screen.
- All you need to do is choose the model of the phone you are using. The program will execute the rest itself: it will find, download and install the latest software version.
Installing unofficial firmware is somewhat more difficult. Before you start, you will need to download the drivers for the firmware, the firmware file itself (the update and drivers can be found on the popular forum) and a special program for running the firmware on the phone (for Sony Ericsson phones, one of the most popular programs is the program). To reflash the phone using this program, use the following instructions:
- Download all the listed files and run the Phone XS program.
- Select USB Connect options if you connect your phone via usb cable.
- Check the items Flash Main, Flash File System and Customize File System.
- In the Main Firmware and in the File System, select the firmware files corresponding to your phone model.
- Click on Customize File System.
- In the Select Phone menu, select your phone model, and in Select CDA and Region, select a CDA region.
- Click Procedure Control - Flash and wait for the download to complete.
- Unplug usb cable.
- Pull out and put the battery back and turn on the phone.
The Phone XS program can also be useful if you do not need to completely flash the phone, but only add or delete some files.
The choice of software to install the firmware depends on the type of platform on which your phone is designed. So, this program is suitable for platforms DB2000, DB2010, DB2012, DB2020, PNX5230, DB3150, DB3200, DB3210. Some firmware programs are suitable for several platforms at once. But the program, for example, is only suitable for platforms DB3150, DB3200, DB3210.