How to dress for any event with a dress code - beautifully and without errors
Black tie dress code events
These include any pretentious ceremonies, solemn closing and opening of something, well, very status parties, as well as particularly glamorous weddings, where you will be warned in advance about the strict rules of the dress code. Many of us at such events happen every two years, but this is no reason not to get acquainted with the requirements closer.
So, when we hear the word black tie, it means:
- Women come in an evening dress in accordance with the theme of the event. The length of the dress is defined as maxi or to the floor, but dresses that fit the middle of the ankle will also fit here. Important: no open knees! Trouser suit is also possible, and on the red carpet, it is becoming more and more popular, so it's up to you to decide.
- The black tie dress code has a creative variation, in which event hosts ask you to dream a little over the outfit, given the above requirements.As a rule, guests try not to overdo it and add a hat, bright shoes or a large decoration on the dress. Men in this case can pick up a bright tie to suit.
- In all these cases, the shoes should be heeled, and the handbag should correspond to the concept of “evening accessory” - no shoulder chains, long handles or trunks. Jewelery is welcome and in large quantities, expensive and with diamonds.
- You should be careful with the choice of dress and do not get involved in extremes: do not copy the transparent mesh dress on the stars and do not try to relive your graduation ceremony in a pink dress cake.
Cocktail dress code events
These include any semi-formal holidays to which the requirement to dress up is attached. For example, again, weddings of friends and colleagues, birthday parties, if we are talking about a rich and important person, theater premieres, status parties and all sorts of discoveries. The list can go on and on, but you just make a hint with the word "cocktail" in the invitation. Someone does not agree with us, and we tend to add here and corporate parties, if they occur late in the evening and in a specially designated and decorated room.So, if you were asked to embody a cocktail dress code, this means:
- Cocktail dress is a blurred concept in the light of changing fashion trends. In the classic version, this will be a knee-length dress with an open or closed top (depending on the season and place!), Which should be something like a more daily version of an evening dress. In essence, this means “no sundress”: no cheap ruffles, rustic embroidery and an open back at the same time as an open belly.
- Black color always saves, but at the same time makes the image well, very boring and formal. Bet on it, only if you have a set of beautiful jewelry and accessories, or give preference to another noble color - red, cherry, blue, dark green.
- If you need a jacket, no furs or embroidered kimono - grab a black leather jacket or a classic trench coat.
- Excessively decorated and shiny outfits do not contradict the dress code, but require the most restraint in accessories from you - there should be a minimum of them. The same rule applies to make-up.
Events with the usual festive dress code
Such events include birthdays, the opening of any exhibitions or cafes, day parties without pathos, as well as corporate parties with an informal atmosphere, which are held in the middle of the day. Just do not rush to exclaim: "Oh, well, then you can come in anything." The photographer’s presence at the event should be a reference point: if there is one, it is better to “jump” one step higher and turn to a cocktail dress code, if not - the usual holiday “code” will do. So, if we are talking about a “simple” holiday, then what should be taken into account when choosing a dress:
- Do not overdo it! This item is radically different from the previous two and requires you to be more relaxed in your outfit, less pathos and brilliance. Think twice before putting on all the best at once, and do not overdo it with accessories or jewelry, or with the height of the heel.
- The ideal outfit will be one that allows you to observe harmony: with an open top we leave a more modest bottom, and in the presence of a short length we try to give preference to a more closed top. Example: elegant tight pants and a cropped top or skirt of medium length and a silk top on the straps.
- A handbag, shoes and jewelry should not enter the room before you and play the role of additional artificial lighting. For such cases, miniature handbags over the shoulder, wedge shoes or small heels and pearl jewelry are perfect.
- Hold the skin, fur, suede and sequins. Nobody doubts their effectiveness, but there is a risk that others will take you for a girl who is never invited anywhere, and so she decided to break her high point at last. The same advice applies to the desire to demonstrate your model legs and a sports press - to pick off a lot of strange appreciating views.