How to disassemble the headlamp?
Sometimes it happens that car owners become unusable headlights. For example, plastic may crack. Such work is quite difficult, so you should contact the auto repair. But such work can be done independently.
Disassembling headlights at home
Consider how to disassemble the headlamp at home. For this you will need the following special tools:
- Three flat screwdrivers.
- Home hair dryer.
It is necessary to choose a place to work with good lighting and begin disassembling it.
- First you need to decide where to start to disassemble it. Basically, the headlight is mounted on snaps, but in some places there is a sealant. In places where there is a turn signal, there are two screws of different diameter. They must be unscrewed immediately.
- With the help of a hair dryer, you need to warm up the headlamp in those places where there are latches. It is necessary to move the hair dryer to the sides for uniform heating. Before you disassemble the headlamp, you must find a placein which the factory sealant protrudes above the headlamp, warm it and constantly use a screwdriver to pick up the sealant until it becomes soft and viscous. After the sealant heats up, you need to gently pry it with a screwdriver and then the latch will easily come out of the groove. The heating rate will depend on the power of the dryer.
- Due to the fact that the plastic does not have considerable strength, the work is done very carefully, otherwise it will simply break or pull out. It is easier to start disassembling the headlamp from the place of its upper attachment.
- With the help of two screwdrivers you need to pick up and push the case. In this operation, it would be nice to have an assistant. Next you need to warm up the edge and separate it.
- The screwdriver must be moved to the joint, it is good to pry and gently move the case. Hair dryer all the time at work. This should be done on both sides of the indicator.
- After such work, a sealant remains on the screwdriver and on the edges of the headlamp, which is not recommended to be removed. During subsequent assembly, the headlights also heat it and tightly tighten the headlamp.
It should always be remembered that the mount of a standard headlamp is done in three places, and it does not matter which of the headlights is left and which is right.
In order to gather everything back, it is necessary to clean the grooves from the sealant that has leaked during the heating. Trim it inside the groove. You can remove the old sealant and use a new one. Before disassembling the headlamp yourself, disconnect the wiring.
Now you know the rules for self-disassembling the headlights. This will help you save time waiting for the queue at the service station and save you the cost of the wizard.