How to defrost a refrigerator?
Almost all housewives do not like to defrost and wash refrigerators. Only the owners of modern refrigerators equipped with an automatic defrost system are relieved of this unpleasant duty. But for the owners of old models of refrigerators, the question of how to defrost a refrigerator is not idle. Moreover, the duration of the refrigerator operation depends on the correctness of this procedure.
How to defrost the refrigerator
- Remove all stored food from the refrigerator. Perishable products fold into a bucket or pan and put in a bowl with cold water.
- Unplug the refrigerator from the mains. Leave the refrigerator and freezer doors open.
- In the freezer, put a rag to absorb water. Put a doormat near the refrigerator door.
- Never try to clean the walls of the freezer from frost buildup with sharp objects!
- After the layer of frost has completely melted, wipe the walls of the freezer dry with a clean rag.
- Wipe the walls of the freezer with a cotton swab moistened with glycerin. This will reduce the rate of increase of the snow layer.
How often to defrost a refrigerator
There is no single rule on how often to defrost and wash the refrigerator. It is believed that the refrigerator requires defrosting when a sufficiently thick layer of frost and ice forms in the freezer, which makes it difficult to operate and reduces the cooling capacity of your refrigerator.
How to quickly defrost the refrigerator
Using some available tools (heater, fan) to defrost the refrigerator can be very, very quickly.
In the freezer, place a heating pad filled with warm water. If you do not have a heating pad, you can use enameled bowls. Warm water will raise the temperature inside the freezer, and the thawing process will go much faster.
By directing a stream of warm air into the freezer using a fan, it is also possible to significantly reduce the defrosting time of the refrigerator.
But if you have time, then it is best to allow the refrigerator to be defrosted in a �natural� way, since a sharp temperature difference may cause it to break.
Now you know how to defrost the refrigerator. As you can see, this is quite a long process. You can avoid it by buying a modern model of the refrigerator, which will be defrosted automatically, without requiring your participation. Only once or twice a year you will need to remove all products from it, wash and, if necessary, disinfect the inner surface of the freezer and refrigerator.