How to cut salmon?
Salmon is an expensive and very tasty fish. If you decide to cut it yourself, proceed carefully and consistently. How to cut salmon quickly and according to the rules? Prepare two knives: small, which is convenient to clean the vegetables and another, more flexible and long. It is also desirable to have tweezers that remove the bones from the fillet.
- It is necessary to clean the fish from the scales. For this we need a short vegetable knife. It is important to start with the tail, gradually moving to the head.
- Separate the head of salmon. To do this, make cuts by slipping the knife under the gill plate. Direct the knife at an angle, trying to leave more fillets on the ridge.
- Separate the fillet from the bone. Now come in handy flexible knife. Start from where the carcass had a head. Aim to keep the knife as close to the bone as possible. The flexible knife allows you to cut the fillet as clean as possible. Separating one half of the fillet, turn the carcass over, separate the other.
- How to cut salmon so that there are no bones in it? Lay the fillet cut up and cut the spinal bones with a sharp knife.Try to cut only the bones, leaving as much meat as possible intact. Small bones take out tweezers. Moreover, you need to pull the bone, continuing the line of its location.
- You have fillets left on your skin. Now there are two options: you can leave the skin, or you can take it off. Steaks of fillet with skin are cooked on a wire rack, over an open fire. It keeps the meat from drying out too much, the steaks are juicy. If you fry salmon or cook salted fish - the skin should be removed. Put the fillet on the board with the cut up and, starting from the tail, cut off the skin with a sharp knife. Your task is to remove as thin as possible its layer.
Your salmon is ready. For frying, salmon is cut in different ways, the slices called “butterfly” look impressive. To do this, retreat two centimeters and cut the fillets, not reaching the end quite a bit. Then, stepping back a couple of centimeters, cut a piece. You will have something like a book that you can deploy.