How to cure flat feet?
Flat feet - a flattening of the arch of the foot in which it loses its cushioning properties. As a result, there are discomfort and pain in the feet, legs, lower back and thighs. Talk about how to cure flat feet.
To determine whether you have flat feet, you can have an orthopedic surgeon. You will also find the article How to identify flat feet.
Treatments for flatfoot
It is better to entrust the massage to an experienced specialist, but if there is no such possibility, you can handle it yourself. The sequence of actions during the massage:
- Moisturize the necessary area with cream or special oil.
- We make stroking movements on the gastrocnemius, going down to the fingers.
- Then rub, knead and gently tapping the muscles of the legs (from the knees to the fingers). All movements are done from top to bottom.
During the massage there should be no pain. You can use special devices for massage: balls with spikes, wooden massagers and others. Duration - about 10 minutes for 2 weeks.
Special gymnastics involves daily walking on the sand, log, pebbles or just barefoot on the ground.
Twice a day we perform the following exercises:
- Walking on heels, socks, inner and outer sides of the foot;
- Pedestrian and heel walking and rolling (30 times);
- Alternate forward attacks;
- Work with toes - alternate flexion and extension;
- Rotation of the feet in different directions (the heel is on the floor);
- Having lifted the legs, we hold the ball or any other small object with our feet.
Exercises with a stick
It is necessary to prepare a smooth stick about a meter long and with a diameter of not more than 5 centimeters. Put a stick on the floor and walk on it. First, put your feet straight, then walk like a tightrope.
You can simply roll the stick alternately with your feet for 2-3 minutes.
To all the above methods of treatment of flatfoot you need to add the wearing of orthopedic shoes, the use of special insoles and regular physiotherapy.