How to cook rice for sushi?
Watch the video
In Japan, rice is used to prepare a variety of dishes, not only sushi and rolls, and the taste of the dish will depend on its proper preparation. And in spite of this, the only true way of cooking rice is not, we will consider different options for how to cook rice for sushi and rolls. And they will all be correct, choose to your taste.
How to cook rice for sushi
The rice for rolls and sushi is cooked the same way, as it must become viscous and well sticky. Before cooking, rice for sushi and rolls is advised to be washed to a clear water color and dried on a sieve for 30 minutes. When choosing a rice variety, stop at round, it tends to stick together and be viscous.
The first way to cook rice for sushi
- Wash rice to clear water. Put the rice on a sieve and leave to dry for 30 minutes.
- Put the rice in a saucepan and pour water. The proportions of rice and water should be 1: 1.5. For more flavor, put a small piece of seaweed in a pot of water and rice. When boiling water, it will need to be pulled out.
- After boiling water, cover the pot with a lid and reduce heat to a minimum. How much to cook rice for sushi ... You need to cook rice until such time as it does not absorb all the water (it will take 10-15 minutes).
- When the rice is cooked, it needs to stand 10 minutes under the lid closed.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of vinegar for sushi 2 teaspoons of salt and 7 teaspoons of granulated sugar. Make sure that everything is dissolved.
- Sprinkle rice with the resulting mixture, gently mix and allow the rice to cool.
The second way to cook rice for rolls and sushi
- Buy special rice for sushi and wash 175 gr. in cold water on a sieve. Water should be clear.
- Boil 250 ml of water and add washed rice. Cook it for two minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove and leave the rice to swell under the lid closed for 10 minutes.
- Open the lid and let the rice stand for another 10 minutes.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar with 1 tsp. salt and 1 hl sugar sand. Heat this mixture.
- With this mixture, sprinkle the prepared rice and gently mix it.
The third way how to cook rice for sushi
- To wash the rice or not is your business. It is necessary to pour rice with water (take water 1.5 times more than rice) and leave it to swell for 30 minutes.
- Then bring the rice to a boil.
- Set the heat to low and cook the rice under the lid for 10 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the stove and leave the rice under the lid for 20 minutes.
- Mix vinegar, sugar and salt, as usual.
- Put the rice on the parchment, sprinkle with vinegar and mix the rice with a wooden spatula in the same way as if we cut it. And in the end we cool rice.