How to cook crackers?
Crackers are good not only as a snack for beer, they are perfectly combined with soups and broths and are part of many salads. Of course, crackers can be bought in the store, but they will be much tastier if they are cooked at home. Many housewives do not know how to cook croutons so that they are not worse than the store, but this is not difficult.
How to cook homemade crackers
If the croutons are needed with the flavor of chicken, bacon or mushrooms, then they should be prepared with the addition of appropriate seasoning or bouillon cube. You can dry them both in the oven and in the microwave.
Crackers with seasoning
- 500 grams of bread;
- 2-3 pinches of salt;
- 1 cube of seasoning "Maggi";
- 1-2 pinches of dry spices (oregano, Italian herbs or basil).
- You can make crackers from bread, which has already dried up a bit - it is better cut and does not crumble. Cut the bread into small cubes and spread on a baking sheet.
- We dissolve the “Maggi” cube in a small amount of water and sprinkle bread on it.
- We salt and sprinkle with spices to taste. Mix well.
- We put to dry in the microwave for 3-4 minutes (power 800 W). When the oven turns off, stir the crackers, set the timer again for a couple of minutes and turn on the microwave. Repeat until ready.
How to cook crackers with garlic
Crackers with seasoning are good as an appetizer, and for soups and salads they are best made with garlic.
- 500 grams of rye or wheat bread;
- 4 tbsp. vegetable oil;
- 3 cloves of garlic.
- Bread cut into large cubes.
- In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of butter and crushed garlic.
- Add bread to the bowl, pour 2 spoons of butter on top and gently mix everything with your hands. More oil should not be added, since then the crackers will come out too fat.
- Cover baking sheet with baking paper and place bread cubes on it.
- If you want to cook the croutons in the oven, then it is desirable to warm it up in advance (up to about 250 degrees). First, they should be well roasted for five minutes at 250 degrees. Then the oven is turned off, but the door is left closed until the oven cools.