How to cook a juicy and tasty pork kebab in the oven
The word kebab is associated with nature. It so happened that the dish is usually prepared when the family or friendly company goes into the woods, to the river, to the country or just to nature. Such a holiday without barbecue is not enough. Yes, and the smell of the dish captures smoke from the fire or barbecue.
Weekend on the nature does not always happen, but I want to eat meat. Especially, this desire arises in preparation for the winter holidays: New Year, Christmas, Epiphany. For those who live in a private house, you can make barbecue without problems. He pulled the grill into the yard and everything. And if this is an apartment, there are difficulties.
However, everything can be simplified if you use an oven instead of a brazier. Of course, the taste will be somewhat different - without the smell of smoke, and may turn out to be overdried, but if you withstand the technology, you get a tasty and juicy dish.
Preparation for cooking
In order to properly and tasty cooked shashlik in the oven at home, you should carefully prepare. It all comes down to solving three main tasks:
- Choose quality meat.
- Prepare dishes and fixtures.
- To master the technology that includes: the choice of ingredients and their quantity, the temperature mode of the oven, the baking time.
Meat selection and preparation
Delicious and juicy kebabs can be prepared only from good meat. The product is selected on the basis of the following conditions:
- The best option, fresh, and ideally - fresh. Do not use frozen for this purpose.
- Choose a collar, spatula or fillet.
- In the meat should be a layer of fat, which gives the finished dish juiciness and softness.
Before use, clean the meat from veins, films, wash thoroughly and dry well with a paper towel. Then it needs to be cut. To make the kebab juicy, it should be cut into pieces, weighing about 45-50 grams. You can start marinating.
For cooking kebabs in the oven can be used ordinary dishes. First of all, find an enamelled container for pickling. To place the kebab in the oven you will need a grill and baking tray, which are located above each other. To prevent meat from burning on the grill, it is greased with vegetable oil.
Cooking temperature and time
To get a juicy shish kebab with a crispy crust, the temperature in the oven should be within 250 degrees. Raw meat skewers are placed in a preheated oven. Place in the place where the temperature is greatest. In this case, the crust is formed quickly, and the juice will be kept inside.
The total time from the date of placement in the oven, until full readiness is 20-25 minutes. It all depends on the temperature. If the thermometer incorrectly shows and the temperature is less than 250 degrees, the time can increase and up to 40 minutes.
This stage has many positions. The decision on the type and quantity of spices depends on the individual taste of family members, friends and relatives.
Pork is a high calorie food. The value varies depending on the portion of the carcass that is eaten. This may be the shoulder blade, brisket, brisket and other parts. For example, 100 grams of fresh loin is 180 kcal, and the caloric content of 100 grams of brisket is already about 550 kcal.
Nutritionists say that the energy value of the finished shish kebab also depends on the part of the carcass.Sheika - 340 kcal, ribs - 320 calories, and the ham - 280 kcal.
Choose and cook marinade for meat
Recipes marinade is not counted. However, some cooking rules are common to all:
- For marinating use only glass or ceramic dishes.
- Do not take several products containing acid. This ingredient must be one.
- Garlic is better to use grated, and onions and greens finely chopped.
- Stir the meat and marinade recommended by hand. It will be even and the kebab will marinate better.
- Meat salted coarse salt.
- If herbs are used for the marinade, they are placed in sprigs. If they are crushed, they quickly burn and distort the taste of the shish kebab.
Marina's a huge choice, let's look at the most popular ones.
One of the simplest recipes that is quick to cook. Marinating time of red meat is 8-9 hours, white - 5-6 hours.
- The process begins with the preparation of onions. It is cut into rings and semicircles, placed on the bottom of the dishes. Then salted and peppered.
- The next layer is from meat. It is laid on the bow. Pieces are not placed tightly to each other. Too get up and peppered separately.
- Then the onion is laid again, followed by a layer of meat. They can be as many as the number of products allows.
The volume of onion, salt, pepper is selected according to the taste preferences of family members, guests and friends.
Universal marinade. Suitable for any meat. Exposure time from 6 to 12 hours. For such a marinade need onions and low-fat kefir.
- For each kilogram of meat is taken about 0.5 kg of onions and half a liter of kefir. Onions should be finely chopped.
- First, 1 teaspoon of hops-suneli and ground black or red pepper is added to the onion.
- Then it is warmed up with seasonings.
- For the final preparation, meat is added to the onions, and all this is thoroughly mixed.
- And finally, the contents of the container is filled with kefir.
Classic recipe for pork shish kebab in the oven on skewers
- Pork - 1 kg.
- Acetic essence (suitable and wine or apple cider vinegar) - 1.5 tablespoons.
- Onions - 1-2 pcs.
- 3-4 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Spices: basil, salt, ground black or red pepper - to taste.
- Pork is cleaned, washed, cut into small pieces of 45-50 grams each and placed in a deep container.
- The onions are cut with large ringlets, put into a container with meat.
- The contents are seasoned with spices and mixed thoroughly.
- Vinegar and mayonnaise are poured, once again mixed. It is better to do it by hand, the process will turn out uniform.
- Prepared ingredients are left for 3-4 hours for pickling.
- After the end of the pieces are strung on wooden skewers, interspersed with onion rings. Then laid out on a baking sheet, covered with parchment.
- A baking tray with kebabs is placed in a preheated oven to a temperature of 250 degrees. The baking time is about 25-30 minutes. During this time, turn the skewers several times so that the pork is evenly roasted.
Juicy skewers of pork in a jar
Ingredients can be any, including those listed in the above. It depends on the personal taste of each.
- Pork is washed, dried, and cut into pieces the size of a walnut.
- Pour with prepared marinade and mix thoroughly. The time of pickling is 30-60 minutes.
- Before placing the meat on the skewers, cut the bacon into slices so that the pieces alternate between each other and onions.
- A clean three-liter glass jar is taken and a layer of onion remaining after the marinade is placed on the bottom.
- A skewer with strung meat is put into the container, about 4-5 pieces each.Closed with foil. It is necessary to ensure that the top bank was dry.
- A pot filled with skewers is placed in a cold oven. The hot pot can burst. The oven turns on and warms up to 180-200 degrees. Baking time is from 60 to 80 minutes.
- It is necessary to get the jar only after turning off the oven, after having cooled it. This is necessary so that the glass does not burst due to the temperature difference.
How to make shish kebab in a sleeve or foil
The technology of cooking pork and marinade is practically no different from previous recipes. Naturally, in each case, individual ingredients may be added or their quantitative composition may vary.
- An hour before the kebab baking, it is necessary to cook pickled onions. To do this, the vegetable is cut into rings, poured boiling water, added sugar, salt, vinegar. It is left for pickling.
- After the end of marinating meat and onions, they fill the sleeve or foil. To do this, first laid out onion in a uniform layer over the entire plane. On top of the onion layer, pork is laid. After that, the sleeve or foil is well wrapped, tied, and several punctures are made.
- The prepared sleeve is laid out on a baking sheet, previously covered with baking paper, and placed in a heated oven for 250 degrees.
- Readiness time is from 1 to 1.5 hours.
Recipe on the onion pillow
The method of cooking kebabs on the onion pillow is almost no different from the recipe in the sleeve. It is selected, prepared and marinated meat in the same sequence. Only ingredients and their quantity can change.
- While the marinating process is underway, an onion cushion is prepared. Peeled onions are cut into large rings and laid out in a separate container. Salt, granulated sugar, vinegar, and vegetable oil are also added there. Then mixed and left to marinate.
- After the marinating is over, the pork is laid on a previously prepared baking sheet. Foil is laid on the bottom of the pan. The sheet must be large in size to cover the kebab.
- On the foil evenly lay a bow. On top of the onion pillow are placed pieces of meat, which are tightly closed with foil. Everything is ready for baking.
- The baking tray is placed in a preheated 200 degree oven.Readiness time about 50 minutes. If the kebab is baked, the foil is opened and for 10 minutes it is held open.
Before cooking harmlessly heed some tips.
When cooking pork in the oven is not always possible to make it juicy. In order not to overdry, remember the following rules.
- Meat choose with layers of fat. He will melt, and give juiciness.
- During the cooking process, periodically turn the skewer over so that the pork roasts on all sides evenly. After every 5-10 minutes shish kebab pour marinade or clean water.
In order for the meat to soften faster and become juicy, it is recommended to add ingredients with high acidity to the marinade. For this fit kefir, kiwi, wine vinegar or lemon juice.
Shish kebab is a common dish that is mentioned in world cooking. Cooking it at home is not so difficult. Many men cooking process is not only on the shoulder, but also a joy. Some even boast of having their own recipe.
Cooking options so many that it is impossible to remember everything.Kitchens of different nations are very different from each other. And kebab recipes change in most cases due to the variety of spices that give spice to the food. Therefore, before choosing the right, read the characteristics of seasonings.