How to Crystalized or Candied Ginger video recipe by Bhavna
Crystallized Ginger Recipe
Nutrition Highlights(per serving)
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 13g|
|Includes 12g Added Sugars||24%|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calorie a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Prep35 min, Cook0 min
Servings16 (1 tablespoon each)
In alternative medicine, ginger is sometimes used as a home remedy for nausea and motion sickness. This is an easy recipe for crystallized ginger that can be tweaked to fit your dietary needs. You can pack some ginger pieces in an airtight sandwich bag and carry them around with you.
- 1 cup ginger (peeled, thinly sliced)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- Optional: additional sugar to coat
- In a covered saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
- Add the ginger pieces and sugar and cover. Reduce the heat and allow it to simmer for five minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow it to sit for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 F.
- Strain ginger slices and place in a glass pan. Although you don’t have to retain the leftover ginger water for this recipe, you can keep it to make ginger ale.
- Place the pan in the oven until the slices are almost dry but still chewy. Allow it to cool.
- Toss the cooled ginger in sugar to lightly coat it, if desired.
You can store the crystallized ginger in an airtight container for up to two months.
Ingredient Variations and Substitutions
If you do not want to use sugar in this recipe, boil the ginger in water without adding the sugar.
Video: How to Make Candied or Crystallized Ginger
Gordon Ramsay reveals the one thing hell never eat
5 Natural Remedies For All-Day Energy
Debt Management Guide: 8 Steps to Becoming Debt Free
Options to Save Teeth From Periodontal Disease
What Should You Expect After Coming Out
How to Dress Modestly
How to Protect Your Computer With Antivirus Software
How a Power Nap At Office Is Helpful in Hindi
How to Impress Women With Your Apartment
How to Clean a CD Player
How to Cut Skirting Boards
New Research Discovered Just How Effective Supplements Are
These Skinny Jeans Deserve Their 250-Person Waiting List