Brussels sprouts are tasty and healthy - 5 step-by-step cooking recipes
Hello dear readers! The article will begin with the fact that Brussels sprouts are a very useful vegetable. However, most housewives do not know how to cook Brussels sprouts deliciously. In vain, since there are a lot of vitamins in it, and according to its taste characteristics it is not inferior to the color or white one.
Brussels Sprouts Recipes
Brussels sprouts differ from congeners in size and shape. Moreover, they eat small cats that grow in the leaf axils. These cats stew, boil and roast, use for salads and soups.
Since cats have an original shape and small size, modern chefs widely use them in the design of dishes. Real gourmets highly appreciate the taste of dishes made from such cabbage.
Brussels sprouts in the oven
I dare to suggest that you, dear readers, far from everyone knowshow to cook Brussels sprouts in the oven. Now I will fix it, revealing a wonderful recipe.
- Brussels sprouts - 500 g
- olive oil - 50 ml.
- garlic - 2 cloves
- bread crumbs - 0.5 glass
- pepper, thyme, salt.
- In the first place, head to wash and cut in half.
- Cut the cabbage into a pot and pour it with water to cover the vegetables. I put the pot on the fire and cook for two minutes. Then drain the water.
- Olive oil mixed with squeezed garlic and thyme.
- Brussels sprouts roll in oil, salt and sprinkle with pepper. Then I send the vegetables in a baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- I put a baking sheet with seasoned cabbage in the oven, preheated to 200 degrees. I bake for half an hour.
Finally, I add, it takes me 35 minutes to prepare the dish. This means that in the case of unexpected guests, you quickly prepare a delicious and original treat and do not find yourself in an unpleasant situation.
Brussels sprouts with champignons
Once I wanted to please my family with a wonderful and tasty dish. A friend told a recipe of Brussels sprouts with mushrooms.I note that all members of my large family are crazy about this dish. I hope you enjoy it too.
- Brussels sprouts - 500 g
- vegetable broth - 400 ml.
- champignons - 300 g
- onion - 2 heads
- garlic - 3 cloves
- lemon juice, parsley, ground pepper, salt, vegetable oil.
- I wash my cabbage well and remove the yellowed leaves. I leave the small cabbages whole, and cut the big ones in half.
- I pour water into a saucepan, bring it to a boil, add lemon juice and salt. Then I send the cabbage into the dishes and boil it for 10 minutes after boiling. After that I boil the boiled cabbage in a colander.
- I clean onion and cut into thin strips. Peel the garlic and finely chop.
- Mushrooms wash and cut into small pieces. If they are not, oyster mushrooms fit. I send them to a heated pan and add a little salt. Fry until golden.
- Spoon the holes with mushrooms I remove from the frying pan. I add some oil and onions to the dish. Fry it over a low heat until it is soft.
- Mushrooms combine with onions and chopped garlic and mix well. The resulting mixture is sprinkled with flour.
- I pour in the vegetable broth and heat it.The resulting sauce stirring until it becomes thick. Add salt and pepper.
- It remains to add cabbage, stir and cover. A few minutes later the dish is ready.
Before serving, the finished dish is sprinkled with chopped parsley. On the side dish most often I use macaroni or rice. Not rarely served treat with mashed potatoes.
Brussels Sprouts Casserole
Housewives prepare a variety of dishes from this wonderful vegetable. I will tell the recipe for casserole. I can say with confidence that the dish will appeal to both the ordinary eater and the real gourmet. In addition, it is an excellent option for the New Year's menu.
- Brussels sprouts - 4 heads
- minced meat - 150 g
- tomato paste - 200 g
- onion - 400 g
- hard cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Pour some water into a saucepan, add cabbage, salt and boil for 10 minutes.
- Finely chopped onion fry in a frying pan until a blush appears, add tomato paste, spices, minced meat and salt.
- Fry the resulting mass until the mince is ready. After that, I pour the sour cream and carcass to boil.
- Boiled cabbage box in a baking sheet.Top spread the contents of the pan and add the grated cheese. I bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until the cheese melts.
Finally, I note, in the menu of modern European restaurants there are dishes that include Brussels sprouts. Every chef knows how to make a casserole. Now you know about it.
Notably, most of these dishes include cream. Thanks to the cream, the taste of Brussels sprouts becomes more tender and refined.
Brussels sprouts salad recipe
Salad, cooked according to my recipe, is an excellent side dish to pork. Small cats of Brussels sprouts contain a lot of vitamins, protein and potassium, but they contain little fiber. It is perfect for diet food. Moreover, it is recommended to be eaten by people who suffer from cardiovascular diseases and hypertension.
Brussels sprouts contain many chemicals, carotenes and minerals that heal the body and prevent disease.
- Brussels sprouts - 500 g
- Apple - 1 pc.
- lemon juice - 2 tsp.
- sour cream - 50 ml.
- banana - 0.5 pcs.
- sage, white pepper, salt.
- From Brussels sprouts, I remove the upper leaves, wash and cut the cabbages into four parts.
- Pour boiling water and boil for 10 minutes. Pour hot water, pour vegetables with cold water, and then throw them on a sieve.
- I peel off an apple, remove the seed chamber and cut it into pieces. After that, water with lemon juice.
- Cold cabbage mixed with sliced apples, add a little pepper and salt.
- It remains to cook refueling. I clean the banana, knead it with fork, salt and pepper. After that, add sour cream and lemon juice, mix well and beat.
- Served on the table in portions, pre-watered with dressing and sprinkled with sage.
As you can see, the salad recipe is simple, and cooking does not take much time. This means that you can please your family at any time.
Cooking soup with Brussels sprouts
Housewives cook Brussels sprouts differently. Cook, fry and stew. I like to cook flavored soup from this vegetable.
I note, I do not fry vegetables for soup, and lay them fresh. As a result, it turns out fragrant and rich. Do you want to learn how to cook soup? Read on my recipe.
- Brussels sprouts - 200 g
- chicken hearts - 200 g
- potatoes - 5 pieces
- carrots - 1 piece
- celery - 50 g
- dill, parsley, salt.
- Chicken hearts boil on low heat for a quarter of an hour.
- At this time, celery root and carrots pass through a grater, and finely chop the onion. Prepared vegetables send in boiling broth.
- I clean the potatoes, rinse and cut into small cubes. Add to the soup.
- After about 10 minutes, add Brussels sprouts, salt, bring the soup to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- At the very end add dill and parsley. I turn off the fire and leave the soup for a quarter of an hour under the lid so that it sticks. Served hot with toasted croutons.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in cooking the soup. In addition, it is prepared from the simplest vegetables. Now you will please your relatives with this cooking. If they don't like it, make a delicious borscht.
Video recipe with nuts and red onions
Growing Brussels Sprouts
Finally, let's talk about the cultivation of Brussels sprouts. It differs from its relatives quite strongly both in appearance and in the agrotechnology of cultivation.
As is known, ordinary cabbage has only one head.In Brussels such heads can be up to 70 pieces, it easily withstands 10-degree frost.
In almost all regions of our planet, cabbage cultivation is carried out in a seedling manner. Plant the seedlings in the ground in early summer in a well-lit place. The fact is that even a slight darkening can cause a delay in the formation of the crop.
At the same time, Brussels sprouts are not demanding on the composition of the soil and successfully grow on poor soils. In cultivation, there is one secret - the right temperature.
Earlier it was said that this cabbage is resistant to low temperatures. She suffers much heat worse. For the normal formation of heads, a temperature of 20 degrees is necessary. At higher temperatures, no crop will be formed.
My article has come to an end. In it, I talked about the benefits and methods of growing Brussels sprouts, led useful and tasty cooking recipes.
I sincerely hope that the information presented in the article will be useful. Perhaps you have learned something new, and now put it into practice. I note that some recipes were invented by me personally.I spend all the time in the kitchen culinary experiments, the results of which you just got acquainted. Experiment and you.