Atherosclerosis: how to treat?
Atherosclerosis is a process during which plaque formations occur, which consist of cholesterol and fats. With atherosclerosis, there is a loss of elasticity and a narrowing of the artery walls. As a result, tissue and blood receive less oxygen and nutrients. And so, what to do when detecting a disease like atherosclerosis, how to treat?
It should be noted that the therapy and prevention of atherosclerosis is based on several areas: medication, surgical treatment, and the treatment of related pathologies. Consultation with a doctor about this disease can significantly help you protect your health and not harm self-treatment.
Atherosclerosis of the lower extremities
Obliterating endarteritis is a disease of the arteries that occurs due to the narrowing of their walls, as well as deposition of cholesterol on them. This leads to disruption of the blood supply to the feet and calf muscles, as a result of which there is a strong pain in the legs.
Treatment of atherosclerosis obliterans should be carried out comprehensively,including both topical use and ingestion of medicinal fees. Methods of treatment of atherosclerosis are varied. But the most effective is a special application for the legs. It is conducted as follows:
- First, you should prepare the skin of the legs for the procedure. For this it is necessary to mix in equal quantity sea buckthorn and olive oil, aloe juice. Then, the resulting composition should rub the skin of the legs twice a day for two weeks.
- Now you need to prepare herbal balm for the main treatment. It should be taken in equal parts leaves of sage, plantain, yarrow, chamomile flowers and 0.5 parts of Hypericum. Then all the components of this balm need to grind, mix and pour 1 tbsp. obtained by collecting a glass of cold water. After that, the composition should be brought to a boil, and continue to boil over low heat for 5-6 minutes. Next, the broth is necessary to cool and strain through cheesecloth or bandage.
- Feet should be washed with a soap that does not form a skin on the skin, then moisten gauze pieces in herbal balm, wrap them in 4-6 layers of feet from foot to groin, put compression paper on top and wrap with a towel.
It should be noted that the compress should be applied to the legs alternately. So, one day you can put a compress on one leg, and the next day - on the other. The treatment lasts about 2-4 weeks. The duration of such applications is 1.5-4 hours. It is necessary to lie with appliqué for at least 1.5 hours. This is necessary in order for the drug to be evenly absorbed. The folk treatment of atherosclerosis of the lower extremities suggests the following collection for oral administration:
- It is necessary to take 1 part of the leaves of lemon balm, herbs of Potentilla goose, lily of the valley flowers, 2 parts of the rue, chop them and mix.
- Then 1 tablespoon of this mixture should be filled with one glass of water and boil for another 5 minutes.
- After this, the collection should be allowed to brew for 30 minutes and strain.
- The resulting collection must be taken on an empty stomach in small sips throughout the day. The course of treatment is 1 month.
Atherosclerosis of the aorta
Treatment of this disease should be carried out immediately after its detection, since it carries the risk of developing quite serious diseases. And so, how to treat atherosclerosis? His treatment is complex.It is based on the use of drugs, compliance with proper nutrition and a healthy lifestyle. As for the drugs used to treat aortic atherosclerosis, it is usually papaverine, pancreatin, panzinorm, nitroglycerin, and special dietary supplements. Speaking of nutrition, the main thing to note is that food intake should be carried out in small portions throughout the day. Folk treatment offers an effective garlic-propolis balm. It is made as follows:
- You need to take 20 g of propolis, slightly freeze in the freezer, then crush and pour 100 ml of 70% alcohol.
- After that, the resulting composition should be insisted for 21 days in a dark and cool place.
- Now you need to cook garlic tincture. To do this, skip 200 g of garlic through a meat grinder and pour 200 ml of 70% alcohol on it.
- Then the tincture must also be insisted in a dark cool place for two weeks.
- After both solutions are ready, they need to be filtered and pressed. Next to the tincture of garlic, you must add 30 ml of tincture of propolis and 2 tablespoons. honey
The resulting composition should be left in the refrigerator for 72 hours, after which it should start drinking 3 times a day in small sips 10-15 minutes before eating food:
- Day 1-5 on the rise: breakfast - 1 drop, lunch - 2, dinner - 3 and so on, so that on day 5 for dinner the number of drops was 15.
- Starting from the 6th day, the composition must be started to take the opposite way, in descending order, so that by the 10th day only 1 drop was taken for dinner.
- From 11 to 30 days, it is necessary to take the composition 3 times a day for 25 drops.
It should be noted that the treatment of the carotid artery depends on the severity of the disease. Sometimes there may be enough medical treatment, but in some severe cases, surgery may also be necessary. If it is atherosclerosis of the arteries, treatment should be carried out comprehensively. It is necessary to completely stop smoking, provide yourself with daily physical exertion, use necessary medications and regularly monitor the level of blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar. As a rule, in the process of treatment is prescribed to take aspirin and statins.
Folk remedies for the treatment of atherosclerosis, there is a huge amount. Here are the most effective ones:
- It is necessary to take 50 g of horseradish, grate it on a coarse grater, pour the resulting mass with 3 liters of hot water, boil for 20 minutes.
- After that, this broth should be filtered and drunk 3 times a day for 1/2 cup.
Atherosclerosis is a direct sign of increased blood cholesterol levels. To reduce it, first of all you need to change your lifestyle: increase physical activity, make your diet balanced. If these actions do not bring success, then you should seek the help of a doctor. Currently, 4 types of drugs with anti-atherosclerotic effect and capable of lowering cholesterol levels in the blood are used - these are bile acid sequestrants, nicotinic acid preparations, statins, fibrates. Of course, there is a treatment of folk remedies. Vascular atherosclerosis is effectively treated with tincture of a mixture of strawberries, dill, peppermint, horsetail, motherwort, rosehip and sage. 4 tbsp. l Mix these herbs should be mixed, then pour 1 liter of boiling water, and then brew for several hours (2-3). This tincture must be taken 3 times a day, before each meal, the third part of the glass. The course of treatment is slightly more than one month.